Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On lock down for at least two weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On lock down for at least two weeks.
    Posted: March 17 2020 at 4:43am
12:01AM No bars or restaurants, no markets no movies. No! NO! NO!

This follows no Moto Cross or Moto GP races all summer.

Craziness at the markets all weekend. The things people will by in a panic. Every can of soup,fruit all the pats and sauce gone.

People acting like ass hats. Fights, yelling ugliness spilling out into the parking lots. One big guy raging to himself and breaking the windows out of every car in the handicap parking lanes.

I was luck to get home with 3L of Vodka and some candy bars.

...............Confused.............
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 4:59am
Holy crap, MJ, that's awful! I'm thankful it isn't that insane here at the moment. Best of luck to you, I hope it all calms down there soon.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 8:56am
MJ, you're supplied for today but what are you gonna do tomorrow?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:27am
Bars & restnts closed here til April (@ least).
State of emergency declared for Ontario.
Border twixt Canada & U.S still open, but they asking 'Mericans not to come to Canada unless its vital.(Ie no visiting) Niagra Falls is closed N E Way. Only other attraction here for folks to come see is ME!! & I aint comin out of my burrow(got a case of beer & lotsa food)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 12:18pm
Sounds like off sales beer vendors (kinda like a drive thru) will stay open but the bars may close.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 2:01pm
They are not laughing at Preppers anymoreWink

I'm not hard core but my rule is be ready for a Horrible week, bad month or a difficult year.

Did have one strange thing happen  A few days ago I was leaving the store with a 12 pack of toilet paper and this attractive woman offered to trade Sex for toiler paper. I asked her how much toilet paper is she willing to tradeLOL
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 2:14pm
So Hoadie, who`s it down your way, my brothers are down there and freaking out, should they be?
At least we got uber cheap gas out of all this, lower in some places than its been since the 1980`s.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 3:00pm
No..they shouldn't be (read my post about my pard Tony in London).
If'n y'all keep yer cool - keep yer distance & wash yer hands..we should all be ok.
The hidden flaw is our 'Merican friends. Theres the threat. Mr.Trump disbanded the teams that tried to warn him of this, & he didn't take it seriously enough.(Niether did Italy or England). Now we have a situation wherby our border needs to stay open, but 335 million people are going to be in a bad way...right next door.
This could spell disaster. But, keep calm and drink on!!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 5:59pm
"... I'm thankful it isn't that insane here at the moment. ..."

oh yes it is - all the TP in town is gone , im not complaining but other things are also gone , WTF ? 

are people nuts or are they so much into wrecking the economy that they are buying all this ? yes all but marshal law here too but please why ? im going with people are stupid , i had a gun transfer in motion this last week - finally gone through today , it was not one i needed for the apocalypse = its an older cowboy gun i happened upon , i am happy but guess there are a lot of folks without guns that are buying them , ATF wait for the NICS was an hour with a continued revue of another hour , i always get further review with common name and born out of state but generally a few minute call ,  they are busy , 

last time they were this busy was when BO got elected , ive not thought to check on ammo , im going to load my own for this , and i already have all the components , wonder what that market is doing ? anyone ordered in the last week or so ? 

i wonder how long this will go on , and will we turn on the media when its over ? 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 8:50pm
Just so y'all know..if you do the math based on previous experience through Europe(where there is socialized medical care)..this is likely to drag on til july or maybe even august.
Get prepped for a long haul, folks.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 5:49am
I am ready for a long slog on this. Last week I ordered 5 of the Enfield .410 muskets from Century Arms and they are in rough shape so that will give me something to do at least. Well, so long as they get delivered like they are supposed to on Friday.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 6:37am
Here is it all life as usual. 
Don't lick door-nobs and wash your hands.
Really, I can Not see what folks are panicking about.
I mean, Flu knocks over a lot each year and no-one says anything.

Being paranoid never seems a good idea to me.

The world I think has gone mad.

Here, Restaurants and most shops still open, everyone very pleasant and happily going about daily life.
I think facebook and the media are experimenting in people manipulation....seems the "sheeple" are all listening as well!

Quit blaming Trump.
He wanted to close the borders and got called a Nazi then when he says "don't panic" he's called delusional.

I'd trade him for "rainbow Boy" any day!

Richard.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 7:56am
I couldn't agree more.
Prevention, as for any flu-like microbial critter. & Medicate as needed if you still get it.
I'm on another forum where they're convinced its The TETOWAKI as they know it! "There's never been anything like this" they scream! Sorry influenza season happens every year, just learn to deal with it intelligently.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 8:43am
All is I can say is "TETOWAKI" my mules bum.

Get a grip folks, this is not rocket science.

Grow a garden and shut up,sit down, and keep calm.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 9:37am
...and drink lotsa fluids(preferrably imbued with copious amonts of alchol!!)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

...and drink lotsa fluids(preferrably imbued with copious amonts of alchol!!)

I will drink to that!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic