Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On lock down for at least two weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 8:56am
took you all this time to notice, eh Paddy??
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:01pm
Duomo Arigato!
They were a gift from a Japanese friend.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:51pm
"..They say heat & alcohol kills the little buggers.
Good!.."

it does not like water - wash a lot and drink a lot , im taking mine in beer , at 70 im in the risk age group but my health is good , im not really going to let it get me down at this point , after all none ofus are getting out of this life alive - are we ? 
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:51am
I read that our sun will go super nova in about 60 billion years. This planet will be cosmic dust again.

I'm not worried about it.

Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:11am
Originally posted by englishman_ca englishman_ca wrote:

I read that our sun will go super nova in about 60 billion years. This planet will be cosmic dust again.

I'm not worried about it.

I will drink to that.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:25am
Aw Geeze Englishman...now you gave 'em somthin else to worry about!!

(But your right..it will. Its entered that phase now & earth will end...unless an asteroid hits us first! Or the aliens decide to whack us! )

So...Stay Calm & Drink ON!!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 11:55am
I'm an army brat. I was raised up to admit to my miss doings... it actually would mean less belt time from Dad. I've lived my life on that principle, and feel my kids also live by this rule. When I see the panic, loss of life, and general mass hysteria that this virus has caused, and the place where it started (just read they knew about it in November 2019) and didn't man up... I'm finding it hard to forgive. Sorry for my rant...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 12:30pm
HT: Your rants get raves, here! But your absolutley correct. If they had kept the "wet markets" closed..& if they hadn't messed with biological warfare experiments - mankind wouldn't have to suffer like this.

On the other hand..the herd does need some thinning.(Just wish they had thinned it there - instead of including the rest of the world! ) Rotten commies!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:11pm
First off, I am not a "conspiracy theorist", but I like to think I'm a student of history.
- Chinese president manipulates government into allowing him "Glorious Leader" for life.
- Uncle Vlad appears to have convinced the Duma of the same.
- President Trump's trade war against China is working. As is his sanctions against Russia.

History has proven both Russia and China care not a whit for their citizens casualties in previous conflicts.

- A killer virus hits China Nov.1/19. World not notified. Whistleblowers silenced... 
-Once confirmation on how fast this virus can spread (proof it works on human guinea pigs) it hits the news when it's to late to contain.

Administrators, please delete if deemed inappropriate. I can't explain why, but my gut is wondering if this isnt a biological "first salvo" to weaken the western world's resources and resolve?

Man, life was way simpler three weeks ago.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:42pm
The first salvo is a very good choice of words HT. Arizona has 30+ confirmed cases right now and informed that North America is supposed to be hit the hardest in the coming months.  Air travel to and from China prior to notifications of the virus has the CDC and WHO calculating that tens of thousands will perish before a vaccine can be found.  They have deduced that that could be sometime by mid 2021.
Lock and load folks. The ride has just begun...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:42pm
Sorry mates... didn't mean to get all political and I feel I've crossed a line by posting my last message. I get extremely frustrated when I see my world (family, work, way of life) threatened, or my county suffering the same. Or our neighbours to the South (US) feeling vulnerable to an enemy they can't fight, as with our traditional allies in Europe. Once again, I apologize. We will get thru this, and be stronger for it.
Frankandli0128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankandli0128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 2:57pm
Have Leinenkugels beer, two rifles to clean and netflix. And a dozen cans of spam. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 4:48pm
"..I read that our sun will go super nova in about 60 billion years. This planet will be cosmic dust again. I'm not worried about it...."

me either - ill have passed on for certain ,  our governor held a press conference today - thought was he might follow the lock down , but thankfully did not , talked of kids lunches extensively , good till next week i think , 

this will pass , just a matter of how much damage the media and short sighted can do , 

OH - and most will live through it , if i dont its my time , i think i will , 
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 5:01pm
Origins of this calamity are yet to be determined, I mean the exact origins...  the perpetrators are counting on the distraction of the sick and dying to cover their crime against humanity. 

Accident?
—SARS originated from Wuhan (where have we heard that name recently) China in 2002.

Not to put too fine a point on it, however two seriously communicable diseases that have effected world health from the same country and same region?

Things that make you go “Hmmmm....”

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:43am
Regardless as to where or how it started, this time around its a media circus for sure.
The death rate is low, 1.2-2.4%, and those are from complications due to.
On average the seasonal flu causes 250-650 thousand deaths anually from complications brought on by the flu.
If we continue to point fingers the out come could potential be worse than any flu could do to this world.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 4:03am
1.2-2.4%?

There are 11 people in Ontario that have recovered, 12 that have died.

I have an NBC suit and a gas mask in my kit somewhere. I need to go out to the super market to buy some cat food. Thumbs Up
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic