Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On lock down for at least two weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 5:57am
Yes, looking forward to the recovery from this crime against humanity.  Whomever unleashed this he!! will be accountable!

I personally am trusting that the beer microbrewery boom will take off even more!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 6:35am
Methinks..& its just me...methinks it was developed by the Chinese, as an improvement over SARS, in their bio-warfare lab. Released upon the world to destroy the economies & ruin the American dollar as the pre-eminent currency on the planet.
Then the Chinese will emerge as the new benchmark currency.
There is other items attached to this theory..but I don't wanna sound like a scaremonger
Loose wimmen tightened here
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:18am
Well their plan is world dominence, so far they're leading in tech and manufacturing.
As far as bringing it back home, I doubt it'll happen much, as greed in proffit margin will always win.
But it would be nice to see made in Canada/USA as apposed to manufactured for......
As far them engineering this virus I highly doubt it.
If they were to do something like that it would make more sence to just release smallpox, no ammunity to that one, we'd see a real decline in world population over something like that!
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 7:18am
Hoadie... me too. Trump's sanctions have been hurting China. Plus they can see he most likely will get a second term. Is it me or did this start after the Democrats impeachment failed and their leadership race is showing they don't have anyone to legitimately go up against "The Donald"?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 8:30am
Started in China in late November
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 8:32am
Bigger you all.

I am going to fish in the pond or go snapper turtle hunting, great eating.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:25am
When I worked in Oklahoma, one of the Lousianna boys caught one in a creek just behind his hotel! He said, come here, I gotta show you something! He opened the back of his truck and I just about pooped my pants! This prehistoric thing hissing at me! I had a rental mobile home in a park, so we took it there to clean. He had made a long stick with a stainless hook on the end so I hooked it under the jaw, stretched the neck and he lopped the head off. He then flipped it on it's back because he said they'll walk away on you while you're not looking. After several beers, we cleaned it and I made a turtle e'toufe the next day!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 12:27pm
When we was filming North & South I ended up meetin some fellers from LA (BROTHERS).We got to talkin bout huntin n' all, & the one brother dissappered fer a while. Came back w/a huge snake (I dunno wot kind) he was 6'4" & it was longer than he -even stretchin it up o'er his head!
They gutted it, & put it on a rock & put it in the cookin fire. They wud pour some of their moonshine on it now & then..& sprinkle their "magic dust" on it.n!!
That was good eatin right there!!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 1:53pm
Hoadie. When you were filming the North and South, was that war still in progress?LOL
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 2:39pm
F&*C%#G Heathens!!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:24pm
Just saw on the news Trump may ease up on restrictions to keep businesses going.
Oh boy!
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 3:51pm
yup - and the market reacted , got back a little , 

speakin of beer - found some molson at the store that was occupying my regular stuffs place , had to remind myself of a fishin trip back in the 80s , 
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 4:00am
Another turtle-eatin’ story....  In the southernspeak... with Enfield content...

Caught a mid-sized one crawlin’ across the yard early one summer.  They have really long tails as well really long necks, so if’s you are careful, and hold it by that tail, at arm’s length, the thing can’t snap a piece off’n ya.  And snap they will, with jaws strong enough to snap a Rake handle in two.  This one was bout 25 pounds, maybe 30 pounds big.  It’s neck was longer than you’d think, too.

Put th’ beast on my wood chopping’ block, still holdin’ that tail.  I was glad that I’d already picked the tool o’ destruction for that turtle before I put him there...  as he was hissing, and snapping and snapping and hissing all th’ while. Drove a handy nail into  piece of the tail to hold him down on the choppin’ block there, however, this plan needed revisin’ badly.  Having a nail in his tail didn’t improve the beast’s countainance at’all.

All four feet were pulling against that nail.  The jaws were snappin’ ever time I came close enough to to take a swipe at his head with my hatchet.  Now, my choppin’ block was large enough to put a nice sized round of oak on, to render it into wood stove sized sticks, so there was plenty of room for this turtle to writhe about.  Placiin’ the “Coup-da-Graces” was nearly impossible with the movin, and hissin’ and snappin’ that was now the order of the moment.

After a bit of this, I landed what I MEANT  to be the Killin’ blow.  My nail-captive beast moved his head at the last second, and my hatchet was now imbedded in the chopping block, by about an inch or so.  It won’t be coming out of the block without some work and struggle....  an’ since had meant it to be the killing blow, that turtle’s snappin’ and hissin’ head was RIGHT THERE!

Hmmm....   

This was supposed to be easier than what I was a part of, just now.  No freakin’ way was I goin’ to be able to reach in there and loose the hatchet, that beast had already tried to bite the handle in two a couple of times since I had landed that hatchet.  There were teeth marks, from what amount’d to be turtle teeth, on it.

It was a spectacle, that.  My big cypress choppin’ block with a writhe-ing turtle nailed to it, complete with sound effects...  I was, at that exact time, glad there was only me there, as I’m quite sure that if anyone had been watchin’ ...  well, it was the sort of comedy that would’ve set most others to laughin’.

Enough of this, I says to my self...  went inside and got my trusty .22 rifle, a Glenfield and loaded it with some shot she!!s I used on the snakes that Useta got inside the chicken coop.  This always did a dandy job on a big blacksnake’s head.  So I waited for the turtle to stop moving, took aim, and let loose.  

I didn’t count on the armor a snappin turtle’s head had.  No effect on it.  I returned inside to up the ante.  got my Jungle Carbine out, the No 5.  I got within snappin’ reach of that snappin’ turtle’s head and let loose.

Now, those of you read in’ this , that have fired a No 5, know that this is a Loud beast with recoil that starts the word with a capitalized R.  I guess that the hapless beast moved it’s head agin’ at the very last Second, amazing how that thing did that...  afterward there were no headless monster lying there with a nail in its tail.  Nonetheless, it was now dead anyway, guess that the muzzle blast did it...

The turtle stew was good.  But never put a turnip in yer turtle stew like my southern recipe called for, ya’ll.  

MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 6:02am
WOw exciting stories of brave hunters. I had one of the two frozen pizzas I was hording. I think 20 minutes in the oven
killed it.
Just to be sure fetched my 1911 in hand before opening the oven door.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic