Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got Exposed...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got Exposed...
    Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:11am
My fiancee was directly exposed to a COVID-19 carrier at work and as a result I'm indirectly exposed. So, on lockdown here now. Working from home isn't too bad at the moment but I wonder if I'll be stir-crazy after a while. At least I have a lot of things to do here to keep occupied.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:16am
Your hobbies come in very handy at times like this!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:18am
I am very thankful I got that bundle of .410's already. Those alone will take a while to sort out.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:24am
I am so looking forward to hunting season to start April 1st! I can go up my mountain alone if I want to. But, I do have a few friends that could join me but stay apart 6 feet, lol! Im not going to stop living because of this virus, but I am taking precautions.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:25am
Wish none of us could get exposed!  Tough news.

We need the Germ Police.  Sorta like the Ghostbusters, only with a gismo that zaps any germ...  

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 9:25am
Bear. I'm guessing all those are chambered for the blown out .303 round?
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 10:16am
HT, probably but I haven't actually checked the chambers yet. Lots of cleaning to do first.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 12:22pm
Bear..wots the difference? your so far out in the sticks they hafta pipe-in the sunshine fer ya. If that aint already bein "quarantined" wot is?
I guess bein a "prairie dweller" aint so bad after all
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2020 at 4:01pm
hope you stay well , 14 days is a great chance to get those done , but you are 'working' from home right ? 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 4:42am
Yes, I am working from home. But at least I don't have the 2 hours normally spent commuting right now.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2020 at 4:55pm
every cloud is floating through sunshine , 
Marco1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 1:43am
Bear
sorry to hear you are having an enforced holiday. Know how it feels. Down here in NZ the whole nation (just under 5 million of us) are going into stage 4 lockdown.  that means confined to home for at least 4 weeks. Only allowed out to get groceries or visit medical support.  Sure going to get some projects done around home... already reloaded all the empty brass lying around.
Regret not having another LE resoration to start. 
Worst bit about the whole event is we going to miss "the roar"
Red deer breeding time, best hunting time of the year.....oh well
Can't be helped, better than being dead.

Hope all readers stay safe.

Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2020 at 2:37am
Just come through from NRA (UK) at Bisley. 

NRA - 26th March 2020

View this email in your browser
Dear Club Member

Coronavirus Update: 26th March 2020

Please see below the latest update which has been posted on the NRA website and other social media platforms this morning:

Membership Services, Armouries and Cancellation of Competitions and Training
Earlier this week we announced on the NRA website the suspension of all civilian shooting on rifle and shotgun ranges operated by the National Shooting Centre at Bisley; military and police firearms training on Bisley ranges will continue.

Please note the following:-

Membership and NRA / NSC Services
NRA / NSC staff will continue to provide assistance by telephone, email and post during normal office hours, Monday to Friday. We have decided to “furlough” many of our staff due to the reduction in activities at Bisley; they will hunker down at home to wait for the virus to ebb away.

Competition and Training Cancellations
We have decided to cancel all NRA competitions and training courses up to 31st August; this includes the Imperial and Phoenix meetings. This decision has not been taken lightly; however the health and well-being of competitors, officials and staff must be our priority. We will keep the position under review in the hope we can offer a suite of “post corona” competitions in the autumn. Training courses will recommence when it is safe to do so. Payments made for courses, accommodation and Phoenix Arms Fair stands will be carried forward or refunded.

Armouries
Firearms stored in the NRA armouries can be accessed by prior arrangement only, Monday to Friday.

These arrangements will be subject to constant review; further updates will be posted to the NRA website and Facebook page.

Andrew Mercer
Secretary General, National Rifle Association
Chief Executive, National Shooting Centre

Please visit the NRA website regularly for updates.

Kind regards

Georgina Thatcher
Head of Membership & Office Services

T: 01483 797777 (ext) 142 
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 6:08pm
so i got furlowed fr the next two weeks as the management of the company tries to navigate the complex set of circumstances created around this virus , 

meanwhile the flu is killing and sickening mahy more than this is again this year without so much as a word in the MSM .......i bet polio and small pox would get overlooked - oh yes they are arent they ? 
philtno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Marco1010 Marco1010 wrote:

Bear
Down here in NZ the whole nation (just under 5 million of us) are going into stage 4 lockdown.  that means confined to home for at least 4 weeks. Only allowed out to get groceries or visit medical support.  Sure going to get some projects done around home... already reloaded all the empty brass lying around.
Hope all readers stay safe.
Hi Marcus,
Same here.  self isolation at home Thumbs Up

I'm like you.....I have reloaded all the brass I had....I must have something like 250 rounds ready for the Mosin and 200 rounds for the Longbranch....cleaned the rifle twice LOL.... but it was worth it given the amount of copper I manage to get out of the Mosin.  I was not expecting that.
The farm I usually go shooting at is 5 minutes away from home....not too sure if it's an "allowed" outdoor activity.....Big smile
How do you cope with the lock down so far?
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 5:22am
Crikey! I am stuck at home with an extended Honey Do list. No time for reloading. I wish!

So far I have knocked out two bedroom walls to extend the living room. Now SWMBO is thinking about moving the kitchen and bathroom to the other end of the house while she has me captive. Hardware stores are still open, so I cant find an excuse.

Snow is finally leaving so I am off for a walk in the bush a lot. Sap is rising, maple syrup time!
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic