Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Wanted Items *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom No.4 front sight base

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom No.4 front sight base
    Posted: March 27 2020 at 12:28pm
Same request as my other one under a different title.
I’m wondering if there is some one who can either make a couple of foresight bases that will take 3/8th dove tail posts for a couple of Lee Enfield No.4 rifles, or modify a few existing one to do so?
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 1:10pm
Are you having an issue locating original front sights? May I ask your intentions with a 3/8 dovetail base?
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 4:37pm
The main reason is that I want a sight post that has a fibre optic bead on it (Black sights on a black silhouette of a deer is not good for low light hunting conditions). And for the slightly easier time finding the right hight.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 4:53pm
What about an ivory bead front sight?
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 5:09pm
I always dab a bit of "whiteout" on the front site. Has worked well for me!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 5:40pm
thats an interesting idea , ive always done as honkytonk has , looks a tad bit sharper to me , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 8:31pm
An ivory bead sight might work. I was thinking fiber optic because my bow as them and most of my hunting is done in the evening so I often have shooting opportunities in low light and I see the pins on the bow better because of them. I painted the back of the front post on my ross for this last season and it help a little bit but I think fiber optic would be better.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2020 at 8:50pm
I will try to come up with something in the next couple of days 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 8:08am
I'm still thinking of one for a No1 MkIII!
I want to put a hooded target type front sight on so it matches with the No9 rear sight but the original is angled & the dovetail is the opposite .
These are No4 sight blocks but you get the idea.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 8:10am
This is the angled one for the No1 rifles.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2020 at 11:09am
Yes, something like that. The only catch would be that I would like to be able to mould the foresight protector.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic