Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Being quarantined...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being quarantined...
    Posted: April 04 2020 at 12:48pm
I remember a time in my life,as a young man in my early twenties that I was quarantined alot!! Specifically for drag racing on public highways and failing to pay the fine.
I would be awoke every morning at six a.m.,given cold coffee, water,and something that kinda looked like food.
After which, I would return to my living quarters  and read a book. Sometimes I would hang out in the common area and watch TV,play checkers, cards or dominoes until lunchtime. Lunch consisted of cold coffee, water,juice of some sort,and something that kinda looked like food.
After whichtime, I would return to my living quarters  and read a book. Sometimes I would hang out in the common area and watch TV, play checkers, cards or dominoes until suppertime. Supper consisted of cold coffee, water, juice of some sort, and something that kinda looked like food.
 To change up the daily routine during one of my quarantine periods, I would sometimes listen to music on a transistor radio I traded some contraband peanutbutter and oranges to another person in quarantine for. At ten p.m. an ambassador for the outside world  would arrive and take roll call to make sure all people being quarantined were in fact in our respective containment units for bedtime. Roll call would be done again at one a.m. and yet again at six a.m. when our day in quarantine would reset.  If you where a model person of the quarantine you could have your quarantine days shortened by working in the kitchen making cold coffee, juice of some sort, and something that kinda looked like food.

As a side note: We always had toilet paper and cleaning supplies at our disposal. 

The difference between that and what I am doing now is that, the food tastes better, and the coffee is hot. The toilet paper issue sucks though.

Thank you Maricopa County Sheriffs Office and the Durango Jail for prepping me for this...😶😶😶
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 12:51pm
My son-in-lay service in sub in the Navy.

He having a great time.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 12:53pm
Drag racing on the streets....I did a whole lot of that too back in the 70's! Never got charged or did time but I could tell you stories. Practicing social distancing here of course. I am retired and single so in winter I spend a lot of time indoors, sometimes for a week or longer so I am used to being shut in.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 1:05pm
One of our drag racing spots of choice was right next to a Fire Station. Never got stopped or arrested there. Some of us decided to move up next to the Deer Valley Municipal Airport by Beck Racing Engines shop. Basically a side street.  A very wide side street that emptied onto Deer Valley Road and if you didn't get your car shutdown quick enough you could end up punching through the chainlink fence and into the airport. That was when my mom and dad would get a phone call late at night from a sheriff's deputy asking that I be bail bonded out and taken home. My dad's response was "he did it,let him sit in it. I'll see him 48 hours anyways."
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 1:30pm
I should probably also state that. Three of my high school buddies ended up as MCSO's at the jail I would end up at. They would call the house and let my parents know what was happening and that they would drive me home when I was done being quarantined and the social distancing stuff could no longer be applied...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 2:59pm
Sounds like the infamous "Nutraloaf"!
Yo wuz a bad boy.
Evil Smile

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 3:08pm
Oh, it was THAT bad!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 6:10pm
Quarantine food?

I get it.

At least they boiled the tins of food in a garbage can with a gasoline immersion heater.

As you fished them out you never knew what you were getting. The peanut butter ran down your arm.

Still roll call three times a day to decreasing numbers.

So did you win ?

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 7:22pm
I've actually have only lost two races. The first one because my crankshaft decided it would look better in three pieces and the second one because the manual shift 927 Torque Flight became a jigsaw puzzle when I shifted into high half track. Those were both done at a sanctioned race track,Speedworld Motorplex...
Stumpkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumpkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2020 at 7:55pm
I wish quarantine.

Instead, I am reporting as normal to my job as a manager at a wastewater treatment plant (aka "Cootie Central") because we are an "essential service".  Taking a LOT more interest in surface cleaning but we are always on high alert for microbes.  

It's getting to and from work and groceries that worry me.3

PLEASE don't flush wipes.  They say "Flushable" on the box but that doesn't mean that when we receive them they won't plug screens or form ropes even when ground up behind the pumps.  That requires someone to manually pull the tangles apart by hand.  

Would you want to?
Charlie P.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 4:55am
OH MY! That must be where "recycled" toilet paper comes from!
Loose wimmen tightened here
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 5:29am
Eee by gum! Where there's muck, there's brass.

My brother would bring home beautiful red tomatoes from work at British Steel.
A puzzler until he confessed that he got them from the 'waste water' plant. Apparently they would grow wild and they would grow huge. 

The fruit was delicious. 
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2020 at 7:05am
You are wot you eat!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 9:05am
 PORK SAUSAGE STEW

I thought I’d share a favorite of mine.  I like making stews, this is just one of several I make.  Please see photos below as most ingredients ar in them.  My unit of measure for the spices is found in the “that looks about right” units.  Used 1/4 head of cabbage, I head of cauliflower, 1 carrot, 2 celery stems, 1/2 yellow onion. Put the pound of mild pork sausage in with a veggie broth base too.

Let cook for six hours.  No less. About halfway thru check for taste, adjust seasonings to suit.  Do that again about 1/2 hour before serving.

It’s such a hearty stew that the only side I require is a loaf of garlic bread, or toasted 12 grain bread.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 9:17am
Not only does that sound awesome, I have the exact same avacado green Crock Pot!
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2020 at 9:21am
Works for me, yum!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic