Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Canadian Gun Laws?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Canadian Gun Laws?
    Posted: April 30 2020 at 9:06am
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 9:53am
Yeah, I've been waiting for this particular shoe to drop.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 10:02am
More like a kick to the groin.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:02am
The gun grabbers are absolute zealots, anything goes for them because they can do no wrong!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:26am
The list of proposed banned firearms in Canada is to be released May 1,2020. I already have that list as it was leaked by un-named person(s). This is going to be a big fight!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:42am
Please let me I know what I can do to help.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 11:52am
Will the list include gas operated bolt rifles?
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 1:49pm
Worst part is..there will be no vote on this whatsoever.Tru-dope has issued an "order in council" effectivly negating any debate. (GodD*mn rotten commie!! )

Oh - its supposed to include a "buy-back" as well.(I didn't buy my firearms from the gov't - so what gives them the right to "buy them back"!!??

PLUS, you can bet your sweet bippy that the will offer basement prices, as the re-sale value will have dropped due to their actions!

I already know that the Canadian AR - 15 variant is included, as is the Ruger mini-14. They don't even have a definitive explanation as to what an "assualt" weapon is!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 2:07pm
There is one, but they don't like it.
Instead they make up crap like "semi-fully auto" instead.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 2:19pm
...and Tru-dope's minion Bill Blair, has to be the biggest goof I've ever seen!
He was the "top cop" in the OPP (That title went to his head!) I'm convinced this guy couldn't sit in a room, count his own nuts twice - & come up with the same number both times!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
flatheadsal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatheadsal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 3:15pm
its a Goddamn shame
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 4:01pm
I really hate the Canadian political system.
This country needs to be.... by the people for the people, not by the dictator for the people.
Buy back, thats funny, the ban will become law before any buy back legislation there by negating the buy back. Because thats how things are done in Canada.
I guess I should start stripping down my AR's, that way maybe an empty serialized receive will be worth more than the some total.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 4:30pm
Having grown up in Canada, served in the Canadian Forces for 18 years, and then moved to the US, I must confess I would find it very hard to move back.  I love my country of birth, but I hate its politics.  I’d be dammed to give up my AR and my 2 M1 rifles.  He!! They will probably ban the Ruger 10-22! 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 7:14pm
i read this was on the agenda - been waiting to hear it for real , time to rebel ? we did - we may again , 
Marco1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 7:35pm
Not wanting to get into a deep political discussion here.

looks remarkably similar to the firearms buy back scheme we had here in New Zealand. banned all semi auto centrefire rifles and restricted us to bolt action rifles and .22 semi as long as not over 10 rounds magazine capacity.

To be honest we were lucky that the buy back system was very generous with values and almost everyone I know walked away with dollars in the bank way over what they would have got normally. (most have gone out and purchased top-end bolt rifles)
many were sad to give up their semi autos , but burying them in the back yard was not a realistic option as it just means risking loosing your firearms licence for life.

Could have been worse, supposedly they were going to ban any rifle capable of holding more than 5 rounds, so that would have been the end of the Lee Enfields too.
Unlike the US of A, citizens here (and most commonwealth nations) have never had a "right to bear arms". firearms ownership is a privilage for law abiding upright citizens who prove theselves capable and safe firearms owners.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 8:26pm
There is actually millions of law abiding and upright citizens who do infact prove themselves capable and safe gun owners on a daily basis here in the US of A Marco1010. It is the unlawful and illegal gun owners that prove themselves incapable of abiding by rules. No different then where you live,or any place else for that matter. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic