Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Canadian Gun Laws?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2020 at 7:05pm
The Stinger Missile Launchers have been banned from public use I see.
Nothing I see that says you cannot still own the missile however...
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2020 at 7:14pm
Quote; Paddy: You got a Ross? If you DO value your wife..don't let her shoot the Ross.
I don't care what the pundits say..it's a danger to the shooter.(Beacause of the complicated bolt, mostly).
I still hear that old sweat's voice telling me about the guy beside him in Niagara On The Lake training in WWI. Bolt flew back & went into his head(Killing him, of course). There were alot of incidents like that with the Ross. When it worked it was deadly accurate..but like he said"It's difficult to be accurate when you roll your head to the left every time you pull the trigger." They were pretty appreciative to get them replaced with proper Enfields.! Quote

I own TWO ross rifles, a 1905 and a 1910. The only one I have shoot is the 1910 (and only because the 1905 has a broken stock) and I'm still alive. Forgoten Weapons looked at the bolt issue, look it up, it is interesting.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2020 at 8:15pm
I have found a half dozen weapons on this list,so far that are various 22 rimfire rifles and pistols. Seriously WTF?  I do not understand the thinking on this one. Yes, the semi automatic rifle is based off of the AR-15 chassis but it's a f**king 22 rimfire for christ sake.  
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2020 at 8:36pm
303: You can say what you want - believe what you want. It's (supposedly) still a free country.
Fact is..the people that dealt with it in real life..& people with an "interest" are two different animals.
I personally would love to have a Ross. But I would never shoot it - knowing what I know.
If it was such a good weapon, why would the federal gov't launch a lawsuit over it?
Loose wimmen tightened here
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 12:04am
As I recall the Ross only had an issue if the bolt was assembled incorrectly.  I don't have one myself, but I've detail cleaned a few for customers.  I just made sure to put the bolt back by the book and then test fire without my head behind it.  Once that's done I felt perfectly safe settling in behind for the rest of the test-fire.

As to the .22 "assault rifles"... yep, even here in Washington state. The lowly 10/22 is an assault weapon, which so far is just a higher minimum age and longer waiting period to pick up but I'm sure they'll be going for more soon.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 1:56am
Ya i once owned Jager AP74, italian made m16 clone based on a Squires trigger group.
It ended up being a prohib so i sold it.
Was a fun accurite little rifle but no point in keeping something you cant use!
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 5:54am
We have discussed the Ross on this forum before.  And it’s fair to say the design was not suitable to the conditions of WWI.  However, the main issue was the use of WWI British ammunition which was made larger tolerances compared to the pre-war Canadian ammunition. Chambering and extraction became a problem, only made worse with dirt in the chamber and in the bolt screw threads, something unavoidable in the trenches.

The LE overcame this with large (both radially and length) chambers.  This was corrected with the Ross, but too late, it suffered irreparably in the judgement of public opinion.  

My Dad had several Ross rifles, including the Military Match target rifle in .280 Ross.  I’ve got a target Dad shot with this rifle that is impressive indeed.  

I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot these rifles, once I learned the correct way to disassemble and reassemble the bolt.  

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 8:56am
Back to the original topic. 
On the list is a bolt action rifle with a 3 round detachable box magazine.  It is included because of the ammunition used, the 20mm Vulkan. ANY bolt action chambered for the 50 cal is included as well. 
It is only a very narrow leap to the next level of stupidity when someone has a brain fart and your Winchester M70 and Remington M700  become lost to the pages of time because, OMG, those were and are used by the military to kill the bad guy from a long god damn way off so it's an ASSAULT RIFLE now. What two particular bolt action rifles does the RCMP have at their disposal? The Enfield and the Tikka III correct? If it was or is used by the military in any capacity or looks like it could be a military weapon, it can be banned with a flick of a pen just like those semi automatic 22 rifles you had at one time with the simple wording of the term assault weapons. I truly feel sorry  for those of you who have to suffer under such archaic rulings. It disgusts me to know the law abiding gun owners ar paying the price for what a few or one bad guy had done in the past. 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 9:12am
I have a very large special hog with a true Presidential title, Sir Fennifer of Blue Ridge. He is a breed boar.

For his Presidential services I get five dollars per piglets that is produced under his Presidential tenure.

As he is currently at the age of about fifty -five in human years he should have about twenty to thirty years of service left but, due to his Presidential services he could have a heart attack at anytime.

I AGREE TO TRADE THE HOG FOR ELECTED PRESIDENT / PRIME MINISTER .
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 9:13am
the CCFR put out quite an article today, and they are calling for Blair's resignation.

Hopefully, it gain enuf steam to generate some action
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 9:17am
I joined the CCFR a few years ago, money VERY WELL SPENT!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 11:12am
The only way any of this could change would be to throw out our govt and have Canada reformed in a way that works for the people.
Problem is we Canadians grumble alot then roll overand take it up the a$$.
Maybe its time to revolt, show the ass clowns in ottawa we're done.
These laws dont represent the majority, its the touchy feely rainbow retards that get the attension.
They certainly wouldnt want the kids with 2 dads to get run over.
They're all f**ktards.........
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 11:12am
Does anyone know if the .177 C02 HeIIboy HeIIraiser semi automatic AR looking pellet gun or the Winchester M14 .177 C02 semiautomatic M14 looking pellet gun is on the banned list? I couldn't find them. I found a full auto version of the AR15 looking .177 pellet gun too.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 1:52pm
There is a maximum velocity in Canada for pellet guns. I forget what it is offhand. But if you posses one with more velocity than allowed..you will be in deep doo-doo.

Another somewhat obscure law is on blowguns. They are apparently fully taboo.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 6:28am
Hoadie I believe that is 1200 FPS. I have a pellet rifle (Ruger Blackhawk) that requires a PAL to own.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 7:59am
I was going to buy one to control rabbits in the city eating my peas and I believe in Canada any bb or pellet rifle or pistol that propels a projectile at 600 ft/sec requires a PAL. Hence so many advertising 590 ft/sec... I suspect if crono'ed, they're a tad sportier than that. Kinda like when muscle car companies downplayed HP for customer insurance reasons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic