Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from FL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caveman430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from FL
    Posted: May 04 2020 at 9:40am
I'm Michael and I live in Central Florida (think between Orlando and Tampa). I'm a 30 year law enforcement officer who has always enjoyed firearms and teaching people to shoot. I've spent most of my career working investigations and specialized in narcotics enforcement. I ended up here as, over the past several years, I have lost two very close friends and from each one, I've inherited a different Enfield. My first was a 1943 Longbranch in very good condition and the other was an Enfield .22 LR trainer. I could find lots of information on the Longbranch however the training rifle was a bit more of a mystery. After going through countless web searches, I finally decided to put it out there for the experts in the field to get a good, solid opinion on exactly what I've got. 

As expected, the results have been great. You boys know your Enfields, which is why I chose this forum based on many of the threads I read during my own searches. As I'm not well versed in Enfields, I'll mostly be lurking and asking questions. 

Thanks for having me aboard.

Mike (AKA Caveman)
Mna28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mna28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 8:12pm
Hi Mike, I'm Matt.  I'm new here too and for the same reasons.

Hope you find what you're looking for.  
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 3:25am
Welcome from Phoenix Arizona...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 4:02am
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 4:42am
Welcome from Atlanta GA 
Caveman430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caveman430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 6:04am
These folks have been wealth of knowledge. I've learned more about the rifle in the few days here than I have in all my poking around the dark corners of the net :)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 6:22am
welcome to both of you , glad you chose to join us here , im sure you will get what your looking for from these ffine folks and more , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 6:33am
Welcome...(Theres caves in Florida??? Huh, who knew? Cheap rent i guess, tho)

Mna28: are you actually in Chicago? I have a very dear friend grew up in Bensenville. She lives in Clarendon Hills, now. (Just askin..)
Loose wimmen tightened here
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 12:35pm
Welcome from North Carolina!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Stumpkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumpkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 12:45pm
Howdy and welcome from New York State.
Charlie P.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 1:57pm
Welcome to this forum! 
 Like you, I was looking for info on these rifles when I joined.  Found a few other forums thwt seemed to enjoy flaming people, and didn’t care for that a’tall.  The folks on this forum seem quite nicely knightly, and I have stuck here.  

Seems that there are few details that can’t be addressed here regarding our rifles, and I suggest that you look back at some earlier threads and postings for some details you may want to learn about.  The search engine on this forum has been my friend, and could be one for you as well.

I had thought that I was really enamoured with my Mausers, Of the ones I own, one of them was a gift from my Father, and I hold it closely.  It’s a all matching late war Sauer. 98k,  Howeve since joining up here, I have really come to appreciate the Enfields.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic