Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Various Bayonets for the No4Mk1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Various Bayonets for the No4Mk1
    Posted: May 28 2020 at 3:45pm
I believe that I now have the complete set of the different variants of bayonets for the No4Mk1. From top to bottom. 
No4Mk1 Cruciform 
No4MkII Spike
No7MkI/L 
No9MkI POF
No9MkI South Africa 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 4:32pm
Nice collection! I'm almost there too now with my collection having recently discovered in a box of bayonets a No9Mk1 w/scabbard I had stored for God knows how long. I only need the No7Mk1/L to complete the collection.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 5:21pm
I have two spare spikes.  One of which I have dedicated to my entrenchment tool...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 7:49pm
you are missing two i can confirm - 

no 4 , mkII* spike - this one is the mkII that had the spike welded on instead of full formed , i have one listed with the scabbard 

no 4 , mkIII spike - this one is a welded up version that is really rough in appearance - i have one listed with the scabbard 

let me know if you want mine , i have another item ive been wanting you to have as well , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 11:23pm
Goosic, what scabbards do you have for the No4 bayonets? There a few different types!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 12:44am
The only thing I know with any amount of certainty is that the Cruciform bayonet has the th original No4Mk1 scabbard and the South African No9MkI has its original scabbard.  The scabbard for the No7MkI/L is supposed to be the original but looks too good for that and the scabbard for the Pakistan made No9MkI appears to be original but the blade will not index correctly into it and only goes in the wrong way.  I tried the other scabbard and the same thing happens. 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 4:07am
For the spike bayonets there's also a tubular sheet metal scabbard and also a bakelite type which was US manufacture I think.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 7:20am
Wow, I'm impressed both with the bayonets & the digital photography!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 8:55am
It is a Galaxy S-9 phone.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 9:21am
You cunning devil, you!
Upgraded the phone, or just got the existing one figured out?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2020 at 11:15pm
you have incoming tubular metal and bakelite , just for the record , there is also a US made victory plastic scabbard that came it two versions for the spike , 

your scabbards for the no 9 & no 7 look correct to me , the bottom one however is one that ive not seen and i suspect of foreign mfgr - looks like a german made frog stud to me , is that the SA? it might make sense , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2020 at 1:20am
Yes it is the S.A. No9.
The scabbard is the South African M1 variant of the Belgium FAL type A
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2020 at 8:00pm
that makes sense then , very nice assortment - getting better shortly , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic