Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Pittsburgh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikemiller69gs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Pittsburgh
    Posted: May 30 2020 at 6:12pm
he!!o, I just joined the forum after a number of years owning an Enfield. My Dad picked up a surplus 303 when he came back to the states, after being stationed in Germany in the early 60s (Third Infantry). Like many in the day he sporterized his Enfield, hunted with it once or twice and put it in the closet. He gave it to me in the early 90s and I hunted with a few times. Eventually I had a scope mounted and shot it a couple of times a year. It was always very accurate and unique. Over the years, I would occasionally look for an "original" Enfield locally at a reasonable price. I'm into IDPA pistol shooting so I didn't want to spend a fortune on a 303 given that I don't hunt anymore and it would just be an occasional toy. I finally found one and did a clean up and "refinish". Its a Savage Lee Enfield dated late April of 45. I've had it out twice and love it. I'm excited to learn more from this forum.

Mike
MM
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 4:22am
Welcome to the forum.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 4:42am
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada!
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 5:25am
Welcome from North Carolina.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Stumpkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumpkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 5:52am
Howdy from New York State.
Charlie P.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 6:19am
Welcome from Atlanta, GA.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 7:22am
Welcome from British Columbia, Canada!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 8:27am
welcome from NC/Iowa!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 8:39am
Ya don't hunt anymore??!!
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 8:45am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Ya don't hunt anymore??!!

I hunt everyday.

Sometime I find a wild pig or extra beer.

When I am really lucky I find Enfields or other items.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 9:47am
Welcome from Phoenix Arizona. 
My dad was with the 3rd Armored, 79th Engineers Heavy stationed in Nue Ulm Germany from 66 to late 68. I threw up on the plane ride home for the duration of the flight. 
1943 Savage on top and a very early 1942 Savage on the bottom...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Welcome from Phoenix Arizona. 
My dad was with the 3rd Armored, 79th Engineers Heavy stationed in Nue Ulm Germany from 66 to late 68. I threw up on the plane ride home for the duration of the flight. 
1943 Savage on top and a very early 1942 Savage on the bottom...

Must have been bad beer on the plane.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2020 at 11:29am
My mom said it was probably because of the strained peas and goats milk I had...
idahomie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idahomie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2020 at 7:51pm
hi from Idaho, my name is Joe and I’m happy to have found this forum, a friend gave me a BSA 1904, I’m told a no.1 but the first thing I noticed is the quality in workmanship, no machine marks at all, at first I wasn’t sure It was a war gun as it had a much slimmer action and not the bulkier metal that seems to be on the later rifles. Sorry if I’m not using the correct vernacular, still trying to figure all this new British gun stuff, having a blast too.
God, Family, Freedom, everything else is superfluous.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2020 at 8:45pm
Pictures are worth a thousand words idahomie. 
Welcome from Phoenix Arizona...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 6:15am
welcome , great to add new input , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic