Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Wanted Items *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB No.9 Mk.1 "55" Enfield Bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB No.9 Mk.1 "55" Enfield Bayonet
    Posted: June 10 2020 at 2:34pm
i note we never explained the ED - it is ROF EnfielD they made the item , Poole has theirs ,marked with a P in a circle , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 1:16pm
The No4Mk11 bayonet with a No4Mk111 scabbard would not be correct issued accessories with the UF55 No4Mk2. 
The No9MkI RSAF bayonet would be a correct issued accessory.  The D/E as you describe is actually an E with a superimposed D over the E.
The Pakistan Ordnance Factory from 1953-1966 made the No9MkI bayonet as well,along with Pakistan-Metal Industries Ltd.
Francis&Barnett Ltd., Byford Ltd.,with Royal Ordnance Factory-Poole being the earliest known producer of the No9MkI are other subsequent subcontracting agencies...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 1:12pm
I had a quick look at the two No9 bayonets that I have. They do not have clear maker's marks as the one in your photo. But there were a few manufacturers. RSAF Enfield being the most common I believe.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
ast18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ast18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 7:18am
Hi Zed, 

I recently purchased a beautiful UF55 Axxxx No.4 Mk.2 rifle and it came with the No.4 Mk.2 “pig sticker” bayonet with a No.4 Mk.3 scabbard. From the research that I have done so far and people that I have spoken to, I was told that the No.9 Mk.1 “E/D-50,51,52,53,54,55” blade bayonets are correct for that rifle. I have read many different things but more often than not, I am seeing that the bladed No.9 Mk.1 “E/D-date” bayonets are correct.  
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 11:33pm
I have a couple of No9 bayonets; not sure what manufacturer, but I can check.
Do you a want specific manufacturer of just a good No9 bayonet and scabbard?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 10:04pm
the ED 55 is the mfgr and i believe a date , it is indeed a no 9 mk I , you are looking for from that photo , are you seeking the spear point or knife point ? 
ast18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ast18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 6:48pm
Looking to buy RSAF No.9 Mk.1 "55" bayonet preferably with the scabbard. I have attached a picture for reference.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic