Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauljaxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Newbie
    Posted: June 22 2020 at 4:43am
Hi,

I hope this finds everyone safe and well

Been reading the forum for a while now so thought it time to register and introduce myself,

I have a 1941 Lee Enfield no4 mk1 with singer sights and all matching no’s.

Invalided out of the Army a few years ago, and for a a while lived in the US (Pittsburgh) until I got divorced and moved back to Blighty (ww2 term for the UK)
 just started shooting again a couple of years ago due to the hoops we have to jump through to get firearms here in 🇬🇧 

Have a L96 replica (plastic fantastic) savage 110 in 223, both shoot beautiful, got a LE and even tho it doesn’t shoot half as well as the others, I love it more due to its character!!........

Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 9:40am
Welcome from NC, USA

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 10:08am
Welcome from Atlanta, GA. 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 11:02am
Hi there from Oxford.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 11:33am
Howdy from Phoenix Arizona 🇺🇲
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 12:34pm
Hi and welcome from a Brit in Paris France.
1941 is early production for a No4Mk1; it probably saw plenty of action during WWII.
You say it's not as accurate as the your modern stuff; but maybe it just needs checking out and setting up properly. These can get 2 MOA in good condition and sometimes less with extra work.
Please post photos of your rifle. Maybe a range report too!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 1:46pm
A hearty greetings from Down Under mate.
Your living the dream.
Enjoy.

I know what I like & like what I know.
Pauljaxs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauljaxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 4:14pm
HI Zed

She’s stocked up lovely ( ex Army armourer)

The LE shoots great (as you say 2 MOA if ‘I’m’ on a good day) but up against the modern stuff ( RPA quadlite, shilen barrel, accuracy international chassis night force scope!....) she struggles.....lol 
BUT she has character and does well for an 80 year old

Need to do a read up on sending pictures and I’ll get it sorted

Take care guys 
Pauljaxs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pauljaxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 4:53pm
Here you go!

No range time for the last 6 months due to health and this bloody C19 but hopefully that’ll change in the next few weeks

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2020 at 11:21pm
welcome , nice looking rifle 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 5:16am
Nice looking No. 4 you have.  

2 MOA ten shot groups is very good for a WWII service rifle.   4 MOA was considered acceptable for an issue No. 4 shooting Mk 7 service ammunition.   Accuracy standards for the No. 4(T) was 7 of 7 shots inside a 5 inch circle at 200 yards (2.5 MOA), and these rifles were hand picked from production for their superior accuracy then gone over carefully by very skilled workers and scope fitted. 

In the days that the No. 4 ruled the target range, the bull was 2.5 MOA (at 200, 300 and 600 yards) and a very skilled marksman could shoot a clean score in the prone position with a sling (50 points, bull was a 5).  With a scope fitted, shot off a bench, match ammunition, a very good No. 4 will shoot 1.5 MOA, occasionally even down to 1 MOA.  

Fairbanks007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairbanks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 5:30am
Welcome from a native son of Pittsburgh, now relocated to Michigan.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 9:00am
Welcome from NC.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
dodge15 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodge15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 10:22am
Welcome from Louisiana!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 10:23am
It's a clean looking No4Mk1; very nice.
I am also hoping to get to the 200 metre range next weekend. I got some reloading done during confinement; so need to try some loads in the No1MkIII*, it's a 1929 BSA which now has a PH5A rear sight fitted. All our competitions were cancelled due to Covid19. So have a lot of time to practice before next season!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2020 at 11:21am
that is a nice lookin’ rifle.  It has really come thru all these years well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic