Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield No4 Mk2 with Bayonet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan.Lacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2020 at 4:40pm
Any thoughts as to the value of the rifle? I'd imagine the staining might put off some but personally I'm more focused on the integrity of the action, which is there
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:49am
The staining may be original.
A lot of blond wood was darkened by stains at the factory as the pale wood was thought to be too conspicuous in battle.
Its hard to state a value as it varies with location & other things but round here (western MD) I'd say $500~650.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Logan.Lacher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan.Lacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 7:34am
Oh wow, that's cool to know. As for the value, if only God worked miracles like a $500 solid, functional, matching Enfield here in Oklahoma. The only Enfield I've seen here for sale at a gun store was a 1943 long branch that had ok barrel life but had been totally reblued, had deep pitting in areas that had been deeply grounded/ sanded, L type sight only, import stamped all over, and I couldn't check headspace because "it's safe to shoot", plus it was $600.
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:29pm
Poeple are asking $800 to $1,200 for full wood Lee Enfields here in Canada
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan.Lacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:42pm
Yikes, I hope that's CAD and not USD. I can usually only shop for rifles on gunbroker thanks to the lack of gun store Enfields. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Logan.Lacher Logan.Lacher wrote:

Yikes. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Armslist.com 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan.Lacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:49pm
Good point. I do check there every couple weeks but theres a grand total of four listings in Oklahoma. Not sure I'd do an interstate sale on armslist. I did get a No4 Mk 2 through armslist for ~$700 trade value. Solid shooter, little worn on the finish but rock solid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan.Lacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 6:55pm
I have a WTB listing up which helps. Guess I just haven't encountered the super sweet deal. The rifles here might not be under $700 for something worth buying but that's better than classic firearms "collector grade" Enfields 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 8:36pm
There is a guy living in Tucson Arizona on armslist that has an unissued UF A***** No4Mk2 with bayonet. He is asking $1100.00 for it or trade. 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 7:07am
303 Hunter is right, here in Canada the asking prices for decent full wood #4's, currently is $800-$1200 Can$ and keeps going up, especially the all matching numbers rifles. My local gun store just sold a shooter grade #'s matching #5/MK1 for $750 C$. (no bayonet).
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 3:19pm
Canuck... agree. Asking the same here in Manitoba... asking. A really nice condition No4 Mk2 would probably go for about 750-850 Loonies in my province. People here have owned and sold thousands of Sporters and appreciate them as a fine hunting rifle. Not a huge interest in original full wood Lee Enfields. Not to be saying there isn't a market, but it's a niche one. Nice rifle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic