Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Links
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield Guns Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enfield Guns Site
    Posted: July 18 2020 at 5:06pm
Has anyone purchased from these folks before? In particular exports? They have a lot of early receivers listed for not a lot of money, I'm thinking of picking up a few if they are good to go. If no one knows I'll probably start with a single action just to be safe.

englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2020 at 5:59pm
I looked into some early Metford stripped receivers out of the UK a little while ago. It was doable but... the fee for the UK shipping company to do the export was over four hundred pounds on top of everything, whether shipping one receiver or ten. That's roughly a thousand Canadian dollars. I didn't do it.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2020 at 7:38pm
Whew, didn't realize the export fees would be quite so high. That's going to dampen things considerably. Might have to see if there's a way to piggyback on a larger order.
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 1:04am
Originally posted by WilliamS WilliamS wrote:

Whew, didn't realize the export fees would be quite so high. That's going to dampen things considerably. Might have to see if there's a way to piggyback on a larger order.

Brian D ick (BDL Ltd) is regularly importing 'largish numbers' of rifles from the UK, I'd think for a 'small consideration' he might get one shipped in his consignment and then you just need to get it shipped internally in the USA

WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2020 at 9:07pm
Good idea, I will contact Brian. I'm bidding on a rifle right now that is nice except for someone having done some major cutting on the action body and welding the bolt in place.  A new body and bolt and a few hours would give me a complete Rifle Club shortened Long Lee. 
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2020 at 7:15pm
Well, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to import just a receiver. Apparently as a military rifle, it must be C&R eligible to import and a stripped action does not qualify.  Military barrels, actions and a couple other bits fall under this.  I will have to file for a variance with the Technical Branch offices of the ATF to be allowed to import it. So, I'm going to wait and see if I win the parts rifle with the roached action. If I don't no sense in going to all that trouble for an action that's hard to get parts for.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 5:58am
There's a girl in the UK who has an export licence for this sort of thing, and her fees are Much lower than most. Tracey (Walker, I believe) by name, and will look her up if anyone interested.

The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2020 at 7:19am
I have sold Lee Enfield's to both Canada and the USA and used this company, absolutely trouble free.

I simply ship to him and he sorts out the Export licence shipping and everything and ensures the buyer has the correct import licences.

They are registered firearms dealers and exporters.

Bob Nagra

PDQ Freight Ltd

Unit 4 Court 1

Bedfont Industrial Park

Challenge Road

Ashford 

Middlesex TW15 1AX

https://www.pdq.uk.com/firearmsshipping

PDQ Freight have been a very long standing member of the GTA (Gun Trade Association). Providing members with guidance and logistics solutions for over 20 Years.

Some of our firearms services include:​

• Full Import & Export Service

• Assistance with Licencing

• Shipping Documentation Guidance

• Full Export & Import Customs Clearance & Services

• Packing, Boxing & Crating

• Firearm Shipping Worldwide (Section 1 & 2)

• Section 5 Firearm & Military Weapon Shipping Worldwide

• Antique Gun Shipping Worldwide

• Shipping Worldwide for Swords & Similar Arms/Armour

• Ammunition Shipping Worldwide

• Customs Bonded Warehouse Storage

• Domestic Transport of Section 1, 2 & 5 Firearms (Antique & Modern) and Ammunition

• Domestic Transport of Swords or Similar Arms & Armour

• Assisting with Shipping of Guns when moving to another country (relocation)

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 12:31pm
Yes I have used PDQ. Very handy to have someone in the UK that does the paperwork at that end. It's quite complicated.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 5:16pm
That's funny. PDQ is only about a mile from whew I lived back in the day!
I think I may even have done some photography work for them back then because the name rang an immediate bell.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2020 at 11:55pm
Thanks for the tip! I will give them a try and see.  Just to clarify Brian was more than happy to import complete rifles for me, it was just the stripped actions that he considered more trouble than it was worth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic