Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking outside the Dirty Rice box!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking outside the Dirty Rice box!
    Posted: October 21 2020 at 10:22am
I'm Canadian, but have worked with many people from La. when I went to turnarounds in the US. I really liked their side dish of dirty rice. This season, if lucky enough to bad a deer, I'm doing to try a Canuck version of venison dirty rice. I'll precook white rice, onion, garlic, red/green pepper (veg diced up fine.) Let cool. Grind venison heart, liver, and some neck meat fine. Mix all with some Cajun seasoning and some red chili peppers. Stuff into casings and cook on grill... thoughts? (I'm drooling already!)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 11:30am
it's easier to just get a box or two from me..I import that stuff & ship coast to coast in Canada.
I have the Creole & Cajun seasonings as well.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 3:01pm
Hoadie. I love southern food. Are you saying you import alfalfa and grain fed top shelf Manitoba prairie fed venison and would send it to me? (Kidding!) Could you please PM me with what products you do import? Thanks!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2020 at 6:20pm
PM sent
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 8:24am
I have some of those Cajun spices from Hoadie....best ever seasonings! I highly recommend the products!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2020 at 9:56am
Thanks canuck
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 7:08am
Rice and beans are a staple for most families so the mix the left overs for breakfast.

Dirty Rice.

With salchica, sour cream, fried cheese in a tortilla.

The we sit back and watch the surf.

Pura Vida

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 9:40am
Is that kinda like bacon? Looks good!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Is that kinda like bacon? Looks good!

Just crunchy bacon. Funny the differing takes on bacon from limp almost raw to deep fried.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 10:48am
My next favorite is the Casado. It consist of what wa at the street market that day. This was fish day and the same plating every day. So you can have a meat Casado of fish and even Popo.

3000 colons including the beer. Six bucks. 20 feet from the beach and 15 minute walk from home.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 3:13pm
I confess... I'm a limp bacon fan! My Dad used to carve of a nock of raw bacon from the slab I'm now guessing he stole from the kitchen... (after Korea and a stint in Germany in '59 when my older brother was born) he transferred to the Service Corps. I was probably 10 years old when I finally realized ketchup didn't usually come in gallon tins, Bee Hive Syrup the same, and Puffed Wheat wasn't baled! To this day, I have a half slice of bacon raw, steam the rest until pork is just pink, and tuck in... miss you, Pa...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2020 at 4:54pm
im a crispy sort , that looks really good ........
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 2:09pm
It just keeps going !

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 2:48pm
I like my bacon smoked, over apple-wood, s-l-o-w-l-y preferably wrapped round a stuffed pork loin!
Excuse me I'm just going to drool now.
Beer
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2020 at 3:32am
That looks good Shamu! 
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2020 at 7:46am
I'm way too lazy to weave the bacon, hence the toothpicks!Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic