Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Mk I and Mk III Fore-ends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Mk I and Mk III Fore-ends
    Posted: November 03 2020 at 6:59am
A couple days ago I got an e-mail from Prestigious Wood Stocks about new products. They are now making new Mk I and Mk III fore-ends with the cutouts for the volley sights. I am very excited about this. I will finally be able to get a proper fore-end for my 1906 Mk I***! I have a lot going on so I'll have to wait to order around the first of the year but it sure makes me excited.
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 8:45am
Yes, I'm stoked about this. The MkI handguards are supposed to be available by the end of the week as well.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 8:59am
No kidding? YES!!!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 9:52am
Good news!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 1:55pm
Excellent products, got my B grade No5 forestock and hand guard a month ago, couldn`t find a mentionable flaw in either, the A or select or what ever the top grade stocks are called, must be scary beautiful!
AAA+++
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 2:04pm
I bought their B grade No 1 Mk III* fore-end and a set of B grade handguards and the only thing I could find on any of them was a couple very small chips. They are apparently very serious about quality control.
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 12:29am
The MkI handguards are now up as well. Just ordered a big batch of wood.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 7:13am
I am so giddy it isn't even funny! I just checked..... $329 US for a full Mk I wood set, including having the marking disc hole in the butt..... YES!!!!
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

I am so giddy it isn't even funny! I just checked..... $329 US for a full Mk I wood set, including having the marking disc hole in the butt..... YES!!!!

When you think that a complete SMLE contract price with BSA was 75/- (three pounds fifteen shillings)

At todays exchange rate that about $5

How things change
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 8:38am
Some thing's are just worth the extra cost... just to have them available is huge!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 8:43am
Maybe, but what was the average wage back then?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 8:50am
Well, I got a little impatient and missed out, but he's posted a sale code. "NO1 MK1" not sure how much it takes off.
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Maybe, but what was the average wage back then?

Dock labourer was 7 shillings per day (35 shillings / week)

Bakers were 28  to 38 shillings per week

A complete SMLE = ~ 2weeks wages.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 1:01pm
That's about the cost here right now.
Of course back then they were new!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by WilliamS WilliamS wrote:

Well, I got a little impatient and missed out, but he's posted a sale code. "NO1 MK1" not sure how much it takes off.

I just got the email notification. The code takes off 17%.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 3:11am
Almost makes me want to buy a set then hope to find a decent MkI to put in it.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic