Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WWI trench art.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WWI trench art.
    Posted: November 11 2020 at 1:28am
Seeing as it's Armistice day, I thought I'd share a couple of "Trench art" items that I have in my small collection of WWI she!! cases.

First the lighter; I was looking for a good long while before I found this one; at a local "brocante". Then 2 weeks later I found the identical she!! case and ogive! Same month and year, different batch.

Can you identify the type of gun these would be fired from?

The lighter still works!

A pair of classic 75mm French she!!s, with names of villages from the "Chemin des Dames" not the prettiest, but I bought them because they were a pair.

Finally another 75mm French case, also marked with the village of Craonne, from the "Chemain des Dames" and obviously made for Lucie. This one is beautifully made; such attention to detail!

So what WWI stuff have you got?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 3:52am
I would love to have some of that trench art. Only item I have of the 1st Twirl @ War is my No1 MkIII Vimy Vet Enfield
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 6:18am
some ingenious and beautiful work , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 6:23am
Zed, the 37mm she!!s, were those used in the Model 1916 Infantry gun? I know so little about artillery and such but I am thinking that's what it was. Anyway, those are nice pieces. I haven't got anything other than my rifles.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2020 at 8:29am
This is what I found on the internet. I believe Hotchkiss made these guns.

I found an auction for one of these she!!s in the USA, it made 85 dollars. That was a surprise!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic