Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning coffee/ and weather reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning coffee/ and weather reports
    Posted: November 20 2020 at 11:21pm
I have started a post like this on another site, and it has been received very well. Talk about your plans for today, your home repair project, your honey do list etc.
This morning is opening day deer season in the northeast for rifle, me and the wife will be headed out at o dark 30 hours
Good luck to all the sportsman out there, and be safe.
This morning temperature will be in the upper 30's high temp.49.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 11:23am
Good idea for a thread.
Took the Mrs to the horse pustule for her scheduled Ultrasound.
What a waste they wouldn't even let me in, so I wasn't much help.
WE did find a new BBQ joint though. They had an Aussie Ginger beer, not ginger ale, which was excellent "Bundaberg".
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 11:41am
That ginger beer sounds good. Back when I was in the Navy, we stopped at Dunedin New Zealand, and Sydney Australia loved bought of those stops.
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 12:09pm
Trying to figure out how to post a picture ,this is a fresh rub I foundthis morning
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 2:24pm
Filled my doe permit first think this morning, good size deer, but I have to say it's the first time I have ever recovered a bullet from my 270 win. But it's also the first time I ever used the 130 grain bullet.always used the 150 before. Going to weight it and see if it's lost much. The doe was about 130 yards quartering away from me, bullet went in just behind right front shoulder, and all most came out .stuck in hide of her neck, about halfway up her neck, she had her head down
Eating some grass.
To night temperature dropping to 28 degrees, hight tomorrow 41.
Ol Man Beezer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol Man Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 2:55pm
Any pictures of the doe?  I love deer hunting.  It’s always a great time just sitting and walking the woods and the laughs we all have back at deer camp in the evening.  It’s not just about the hunt to me. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2020 at 6:19pm
nice to know some are succeeding at culling the overpopulation , i have friends here that have done so but too many didnt get one , our harvest is down 20% this year - more car/deer crashes coming this year - could have got four with my car on the way home tonight - fraid my insurance company might have thought me being a bit of a hog so i stopped , 
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 3:26am
25 degrees this morning in my swamp, high temperature
39 - 40. Day 2 of our rifle season.
Everyone have a save hunting season.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 5:37am
43 deg today in Blue Ridge, GA.  High today 62.

I’m taking a break from shooting matches, shot 6 in the last 3 weeks.  You guys who hunt probably think I’m nuts wasting all those bullets on paper.  Hard to explain the addiction unless you’ve tried it.  I’m sure that is the same for hunting.  

Good luck with the hunt.  
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 5:42am
I use to shoot on winter indoor pistol league, for many years. Bad ventilation systems got to me gave it up. Lots of fun though.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 6:06am
I know what you mean.  The indoor ranges being built now have excellent ventilation. 

Indoor public ranges make me nervous.  Too many times I’ve seen idiots with no idea what they are doing.  Pointing the gun in about any direction. I saw one guy crossing his thumb of his support hand around the other side of the pistol on top of his grip hand and before I could get to him he about took his thumb off with the slide.  Other guys trying to see how fast they could shoot (and not hit the target)...    On the other hand,  there are only serious shooters at rifle matches who respect all the safety protocol to the letter.  I can trust them. Im sure it’s the same at pistol matches.  
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 10:43am
The one range had the return air duct directly behind the shooters, so all the smoke and lead dust from the hole line was drawn right back at you. After a night there, you came home with a taste in your mouth like you ate a brick of 22's.
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 10:53am
Current temp 37. Was snow flurries a while ago when I was hunting. Temp tomarrow morning low 30's high 51 and rain.in the afternoon.
Having a break, mite go back out for late afternoon hunt.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2020 at 9:19pm
had a tad of snow overnight but been in the high 30s during the day the last week so almost all of the blizzard snot is gone and all the new has melted , may get a bit of rain early week , 

its time to put the motorhome in storage so im on call for the wife to get that done - its her vehicle , she calls the shots , my boat is still in storage from last year - never got to use it , only went fishing with friends about three times all season , will fix that next year ......

spent tonight at my daughters tearing out soffits , installing light fixtures and mounting new hardware in tone of her bathrooms , 
wife gave me a list for work around the house this week before it gets cold , her and the DIL found wreaths for me to hang on the house and garage , 

watchin the wizard of oz - the movie i always watched as a kid around thanksgiving , wholesome minnesota girl - that dorothy , in spite of her pining for kansas , enjoying a wee bit of merlot of a california variety which is one of the few things california i appreciate any more , 

ya all have a great week ,, happy thanksgiving , stay well and safe 
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 2:35am
45 degrees in my swamp this morning and pouring rain.
It's going to let up around 9 or 10 o'clock am. Guess iam going to dig out my fowl weather gear for this morning's hunt.
Having my blueberry waffles, and a cup of coffee for breakfast. If this rain doesn't let up ,iam going to
Grab my jungle carbine, and take that for a walk in the woods. Don't want to mess with a scope in the rain.
Have a great day guys.
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 6:13am
My boats are all put away/ winterize, camp closed up
Hunting season now then ice fishing season
Then spring striper fishing again.my favorite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic