Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning coffee/ and weather reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol Man Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 5:31pm
I’ve got a .22 cal pellet rifle that has put down plenty of tree rats, trash pandas and a pole cat or two.  
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 5:36pm
What is a good, not going to break the bank, air rifle to get?

With lots of tree rats and a Grandbaby to teach I need some advice.

Thanks
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Is that air rifle a Haenel, lever cocker?
I had one back in the day & it was an awesome water rodent killer.
its a FWB 150.  it does have a big lever on the right side that works a piston.
double gun
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

What is a good, not going to break the bank, air rifle to get?

With lots of tree rats and a Grandbaby to teach I need some advice.

Thanks
the black one in the photo is a Hatson, made in Turkey (they also make shotguns).  it was around 250.00 if I remember correctly.  my grandson has a Beeman 1328 which is a nice gun for less money.  they both
require pumping up an internal reservoir either with a high pressure hand pump or a special high pressure air compressor.  the Hatsan takes 2900 psi to max fill.  The Beeman takes 2000 psi.  the hand pumping gets old so we use a compressor and when we go into the field carry a bottle or 2.   other types of pellet guns use break barrel to pump it up or other methods.

there are websites like this one for air rifles, if I was shopping again I would check them out for advice on what is what in you price range.  I think Benjamin still makes good air rifles.  there are big bore air rifles that hit harder than some centerfire rifles.  I went with .177 cal because I have 20,000 or so pellets.  my grandson got a .22.  his .22 seems to hit metal plates harder but mine will punch through and his won't.  I think it's because mine has a small diameter round and holds 50% more air pressure than his does.
double gun
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2020 at 6:13pm
double gun
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 2:57am
46 degrees in my swamp this morning, high temperature for today 51.cloudy. iam headed back into my woods for some more clearing land ,for my critters. I think the patch I opened up the other Day will be a Clover patch.
Normally we have snow and much cooler temperatures this time of year, going to get a head start on my woods and field work.
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 4:41am
its global warming.
double gun
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by devrep devrep wrote:

its global warming.
I'm from Phoenix Arizona where "global warming" starts in June, ramps up to its peak in mid August and then starts to recede in late October.  I welcome a 46° morning with open arms...
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 8:40am
it is kinda nice.  I grew up on the Oregon coast.  it rains all winter and is dry and windy all summer.  here in Florida it rains all summer and is dry all winter.
double gun
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 8:52am
And up in Minnesota, they only have 2 season's
Winter's coming, and winter's here.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 2:08pm
I thought that air rifle looked like a Feinwerkbau. The rear sight looks the same as on our 300S. These are excellent rifles.
During the 1st confinement here in March, we set up a 10 metre range in the garden. 
Shooting with my daughter and my wife, we started a regular competition. The "sniper" challenge. One cold shot each, no practice shots on 10m rifle targets. Highest score wins.
My 9 year old daughter is doing great. She won the very first competition.

After this first effort, we made some adjustments because we were all to the left.
I managed to catch up on the next one. But it's close!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 2:25pm
Very cool, that's great to get the whole family involved.
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 3:01pm
Zed that's awesome.  looks like you're both snipers.  they are amazing rifles.  the one I got from my dad when he passed hadn't been fired in 25 0r 30 years and it works great with no work having to be done on it.  I read that they didn't use rubber seals but machined metal fittings so nothing to rot out.  

these rifles were born for 10 meter competition and that's what my dad used it for.  he would practice at night by standing at one end of the house, opening 2 doors and shooting down the hallway, thru the kitchen, another room and across the garage into a metal trap he welded up.  when he decided to shoot he would yell out and you ventured around at your own peril.
double gun
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2020 at 3:08pm
Zed, btw I enjoyed reading your thread with all of the old WWII photos of the beautiful French town after the occupation.
double gun
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 2:54am
40 degrees this AM in my swamp temperature dropping to
28 degrees tonight.
Going for my bike ride this morning, have to keep this old body moving, iam a member of the over the hill gang
If I can't ride my bike because of the weather I walk 2.5 miles . The bike I ride 5.22 miles. Have a great weekend.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 4:05am
My wife bought our FWB 300 S from our gun club. It was the 14th July dinner party at the club last year and they were selling off some of the old club rifles. 
She comes back to the table and say's, "I've bought an air rifle". 
I say "what type"
She say's "No clue but it looks nice"
I say "how much"
50 Euro's! Great!
I did have to replace the spring and seal kit. The spring was broken one turn from the end and the piston end seal was destroyed. Got the kit of parts from Germany. Cost more than the rifle!
It's quite complicated to strip down when compared to an Enfield.
They are proper match quality from the early 70's. 

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
  Share Topic