Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning coffee/ and weather reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 36>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 9:10am
Sorry to hear that, Man.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 6:18pm
ASquare, this is sad news, we will pray for your friend. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 6:30pm
it was a nice day in the south East.  

Went with my neighbour to a 1000 yard range in TN today.  Bit cool and quite windy way up on the ridge where the range was.  We shot my neighbours .338 Lapua and his Model 70 Police Sniper in .308.

My 168 gr MatchKing Varget handloads hammered the X ring on the 600 yard target, did quite well on the 800 yard target but lost stability from going subsonic before getting to the 1000 yard target.  I will need to load up the 175 gr SMKs for that range.  We consistently hit a 3 inch plate at 300 yards, very impressive.

That .338 Lapua was a beast.  Hammered the 10 and x ring at 1000 yards.  The shifting winds made the shots a bit erratic, but elevation stayed bang on.  

I’m going to bring my No. 4 DCRA 7.62 with PH 5c sight next time and see how I can do at 1000 yards with a 175 gr SMK Varget load. 

Had a great time.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 6:56pm
thank you all , im waiting to hear after his treatment next week , hoping for the best but he is a few years older than me , we get more fragile as we age and we dont bounce back as well , im also praying on this one , 

we got a bit more than the dusting of snow we were expecting today - not starting the the snowblower but i shoveled what needed to be cleared to satisfy my wifes wishes , we are expecting +40s for the next few days - that should melt a bunch of it if im lucky , really dont need ice but whatever , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 7:03am
29° windblown snow pretty heavily. About 3" so far.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 7:26am
18 degrees here this morning, supposed to get above freezing this week.
I to have a buddy thats been going through treatments at the VA. They told him a month ago
He's terminal,
SGonger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGonger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 7:34am
Slowly warming up time again but still 1” ice every morning,coffee priorities being fore-filled at the present time.
Cheer’s all.
Anyone seen the Tardis Box anywhere? 🤨
Old man with a lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old man with a lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 7:24am
Good morning all, currently 28° with intermittent snow and /or rain. 20" of snow in the field should start shrinking with increased temps this weekend. NO .303 ammo available at d**k's sporting goods. At $1.50 per bullet at last purchase, I can't imagine what they will cost next time I find some. Shoot straight out there.
Sht LE mk111, Ruger .223, .357, 9mm,.22, Tokarev 9mm, CVA .50, Marlin Glenfield Mod 25 .22
SGonger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGonger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Old man with a lee Old man with a lee wrote:

Good morning all, currently 28° with intermittent snow and /or rain. 20" of snow in the field should start shrinking with increased temps this weekend. NO .303 ammo available at d**k's sporting goods. At $1.50 per bullet at last purchase, I can't imagine what they will cost next time I find some. Shoot straight out there.
Still 1” or so ice every morning plus a bloody cold wind,supposed to head upwards after Sunday or Monday.
 A friend bought in a few boxes of Winchester 303 180gr boolites $35 a box 🤢😉
Anyone seen the Tardis Box anywhere? 🤨
lyman1903 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyman1903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 11:34am
makes me glad I bought a few cases last time it was on sale (CTD and .303)

raining here in central Va,   and chilly, 

supposed to be up to 75 tomorrow, and I'm off!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 12:13pm
Weather is warming up in the South East.  Spent the day rebarreling in my M1.  A few months back, started getting occasional fliers.  It now has a Krieger 1:12 twist chrome-molly barrel.  

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2021 at 12:16pm
low to mid 40's here most of the snow has melted as we had a fair bit of rain.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 9:50am
It's been an up and down couple of weeks! A mix of emotions!
We lost my wifes Mother to Altzeimer's on the 12th; She lived in Ireland so had to watch the funeral on-line. That was actually really well presented so helped us a lot.
On the 18th, my Mum had a stroke and was taken into hospital. She's in the UK and can't visit anyway due to Covid restrictions. Apparently she's not too bad; but time will tell.
19th was my daughter's birthday; so a ray of sunshine!

The weather was -7°C two weeks ago and light snow; then spring like 17°C most of last week during my week off. 
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 11:20am
my friend made it thru the procedure fine , they will monitor the treatment and hopefully it will all be taken care of but i guess time will tell , he is in good spirits and optimistic 

two weeks ago we spent a couple weeks between -10F & -20F , now we are into the second week between +20 & +40 , stuff is melting and the river behind the house is rising , not in the yard yet but bank full , over night we were to get a dusting of snow , ended up with a couple inches or more , enough to get the blower out , just finished that a few minutes ago , suns out and the melting is on again , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 1:07pm
Condolences Zed. & best wishes for your mum's recovery.
mid 40's here & tipping down with rain for the last 2 days.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2021 at 1:27pm
It is so tragic that we cannot cannot visit our own immediate family members in their last days on this earth.  I think many years from now, this will be seen as barbaric cruelty towards our elderly.  It’s not that difficult to mitigate the risk...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 36>
  Share Topic