Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morning coffee/ and weather reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 10:47am
Rain, again....with about a solid week of more rain coming. Certainly rain will help soak the forests hopefully easing the forest fire situation.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 12:50pm
Tick me off!! Put the snow machine away few weeks back..we've had 2 weeks of 70's weather so far - cut the lawn 4X..then teusday it snowed. 5 cm they said..ended up with 10"...& it snowed again next day!!! Heavy wet stuff. Trees crackin & falling, roads covered & slushy/wet..ever tried to shovel tha5t stuff?
My shoulder wont heal for months!! ..& today it's 71F
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 1:57pm
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Tick me off!! Put the snow machine away few weeks back..we've had 2 weeks of 70's weather so far - cut the lawn 4X..then teusday it snowed. 5 cm they said..ended up with 10"...& it snowed again next day!!! Heavy wet stuff. Trees crackin & falling, roads covered & slushy/wet..ever tried to shovel tha5t stuff?
My shoulder wont heal for months!! ..& today it's 71F

So that’s where the cold air we had this week came from!
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 7:55pm
yes , i got some too with the snow , may get more tomorrow but ours is not sticking , rain mixed in , next week should be in the +60s , spring is here but we are not going to get it all at once , farmers are planting tho , my lawn-leaf guy cleaned my property the other day , i got my mower fixed , im ready for nice weather ,

three weeks from fishing opener - never know what we might get for that - had sun and had blizzards , but ill be going again this year , my crew is all ready to go , be nice to get out on soft water again no matter what weather we get , ill have all my cold weather gear along but would be fun not to need it this year , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2021 at 4:28am
When we got6 hit with all that heavy wet snow & cold...the cherry trees were all in full blossom.. & the vinyards were full of folks tying grapes. Could make a mess outta things this year
Loose wimmen tightened here
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2021 at 6:07am
I’m getting cold just thinking about snow. 

50 deg here in the Blue Ridge mountains, but warming to about 65 deg.  Sun is shining.  Think I’ll go out on the Velocette for a run.  Good lunch place in Dahlonega. 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2021 at 8:55am
another perfect 2 days here in mid western Ontario, all four seasons in at least the last 24 hrs, currently snowing.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 1:32pm
Very nice weather this weekend in the Blue Ridge mountains.  75 degrees, sunny and very dry (which is unusual).  

I shot in a two day match this weekend at the River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA shooting my M1 and No. 4.  We had about 60 competitors, my first time shooting this event at this location. 

These matches were 50 round course of fire: 20 shots prone slow fire, 10 shots prone rapid fire, 10 shots sitting rapid fire and 10 shots standing slow fire.  All at 200 yards on the NRA SR Target.  First time I’ve shot the 50 round course of fire, all my previous matches were the 30 round course of fire (omits the sitting rapid and only 10 rounds for prone slow).  

Yesterday I didn’t think I did very well with the M1, but finished second. Today, I shot the No. 4 and everything just fell into place.  I finally reached my personal goal of shooting 10 consecutive shots into the X ring on the SR Target at 200 yards.  I really thought it could not be done and pretty much gave up on it. Wished I could have taken a picture, but we were using paper targets on mechanical target frames.  The target is lowered, scored and pasted after each shot.  A spotter disk is inserted into the bullet hole, it is about the size of the X ring and I shot it full of holes.  This rifle and load just hammers, no doubt about it.  

After I shot, I went to the pits to score the target for the next relay and took a photo of my pasted up target.  The two widest shots are in the 8 ring, one during sitting rapid and the other during standing slow.  X ring is pretty much patched over.  

I think a few of those die hard 03 Springfield, Swiss K31 and Mauser shooters are now wondering if they can find a British Lee Enfield Smile.  Of course, it would be pretty tough to beat this with an M1, but it can be done. 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 1:47pm
We hit 80 & sunny here, big change from the 40's of last week.
Yesterday we had a windstorm that actually blew my BBQ off the patio!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 1:54pm
A very chilly 91° currently. 
I will be heading up to Payson Arizona with "Paul in Arizona" to shoot at the Jim Jones Shooting Facility.  I will be taking the new to me No4Mk1* LB, the Faux L8A5T, and the M700P. Temperature should be about 20 degrees cooler up there. I will post the results of the Long Branch when all is done...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 5:39pm
Enjoy the trip!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 11:05pm
it was beautiful near 85this past Saturday and had 174 young shooters at the range the morning for a youth shoot , 100 each and we had a lot of great scores , then a lot more older shooting the afternoon , over 750 rounds of trap thrown , big day to say the least , i worked a long day , 

then on sunday ATA shoot - first of the year , not nearly as nice but we made it thru , long weekend for me , 

then another full day today 3 schools shooting and a good turnout , i love seeing this as shooting these days is hard with the ammo shortage but they are making it happen anyway so far , we have gone to summer hours so ill be back on wednessday after one day off , 

im getting old- not sure how much longer i can do these hours , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 4:45am
Thunderstorms here in Blue Ridge today.  We needed the rain, so no complaints.  I’m just thankful for the weather we had last weekend at the matches.

I saw several young folks shooting the match last weekend, by young I mean under 40.  I would like to see shooters under 30.  We had about 60 shooters turn out for the match.  Our big concern is running out of powder, primers and bullets, and the ridiculous prices they are selling for now.  The serious competitors have held large stocks so will be good for a while, but our turnout will soon begin to wither.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 1:20pm
That's a great result with the No4. 10X, you must be very happy! Thumbs Up
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 2:42pm
Zed, I hadn’t realized it until I looked later at my score sheet.  That’s a 1.5 MOA hold with irons and no support.  I’m usually pretty happy with a ten round string at 100-5x in prone.  

The 10x string starts at shot #8 on first row and finishes at shot #7 on second row. X counts as a 10, but the x “bubble” is filled in below the written score value then added up on the far right column.  Used to break a tie.

These are the CMP score sheets.  The 5 sighters on the top row are optional, and my first two were in the X ring, so I decided to go for score at that point.  This just again confirms my own experience that cold clean bore shots go into the group, and firing fouling shots only waste ammunition.  Maybe some barrels show CCB shots go wide, but I never have seen it. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
  Share Topic