Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#4 MK II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #4 MK II
    Posted: July 04 2007 at 5:14pm
Pity no one is importing those Paki No4Mk2's here into Australia, I will gladly pick one up.  
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 12:32pm
I like the way you think, Krestan!!

Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 10:59am
Yes Bubba , I would buy another one they are in great shape , and well I have not shot mine yet . but I bet it shoots great! Hey its an Enfield ....
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 12:54pm
Computer problems huh? That sucks.Cry

So do you like #4 Mk II's? What do like best about them? What do you like least?

Would you buy one again?

I plan on checking one out at the next large gun show if any are there.

Thanks
Bubba
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 7:26am
Post pictures ? I cant even see what yall post ! wish i could but some thing is wrong with my computer. it wont let me post or see pictures on this forum.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Bubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 11:50am
White Rhino

So how long are you going to make us wait until you post pictures? Let us see what they look like please!

Bubba
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 7:43am
Rifles came in today!!!!!
they both have matching SR#s bolt / Reciever Matching!!!!!!
The NO# 1 MK III has a Crown then under it the letters - G.R.U.  1942 SWEET!!!!!!!!
the NO# 4 MK 2  has 60/P.O.F./ C40761 on the reciever and a   P over 60 on the wrist. one repair on but other than that wich doesnt take away any looks that i can see, every thing seems to be great.
OH yea! its chamberd in .303 so that answeres my question.
guess I will go clean them up now.

TO THE GUN ROOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! LOL! with the Wife looking at me like im CRAZY!  GUN CRAZY that is!    LOL! LOL!!!!!!!!

"White Rhino"

jona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 12:03am
The POF no.4 Mk 2s that I have seen are all in 303.
jona
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 7:33am
Jona the No# 4 MK1 longbranch is still in Bond , the No#4 MKII is up for grabs.
So what I'm reading from yall , is that this Rifle is chamberd for .308?  when I talked to my buddie he had 14 No#1 MK III s left when I got mine , Dont know how many No#4 MKII s were left .
"White Rhino"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Smokey Smokey wrote:

I'll be interested in finding out how good these rifles are.

Rest assured they have a solid reputation providing the Goldern Rule of only using 7.62 Nato ammo through them. There were a Number of  Mk111s converted  as well & I have seen many of these used for many years ! There was always a issue with feeding in these rifles,yet most of the people I have known with these rifles never comlained of this issue.

Dave
Smokey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 6:47am
I'll be interested in finding out how good these rifles are.
jona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 12:20pm
After WW II, BSA sold all of its No. 4 production equipment to Pakistan.  By the time this happened, Mk 2 was the standard, so the equipment had been modified to this standard.  Pakistan DID make Mk 2s, but not much is known about them, especially quantity made.  Have seen a few and they were very well made.  Left side of the receivers were marked POF No. 4 Mk 2.
Century has been advertising them, BUT they are hung up in transit/Customs, so there is no estimate as to when they will be available.
jona
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 10:43am
Well Bud I will be able to tell you that when the Rifle comes in , I hope.
Man we just got a deluge of rain again and I was stuck out in the gun shop taking mesurments . Had to run to the house through the rain I'm soaked . now I'm getting a lesson on how to run a Business from my Wife. this is taking all the fun out of having a shop. to bad I couldnt get her to take care of all the boring stuff....
Oh by the way the Rifles should be in in about 4 working days hopefully.
"White Rhino"

ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 9:32am
WR, I saw the same ad and was wondering the same thing. The ad said they were #4 mk2 made in ...Pakistan? Is this so?
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 7:24am
OK what info yall got on these ???
 My buddie said  they are made in Pakastan . I'm not getting one of those dark ally specials on this Rifle sight unseen ? its not going to be one of those Mud hut specials is it ????
"White Rhino"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic