Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I found this in my parents basement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppaloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2020 at 8:22pm
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 10:01am
Looks like you nailed it Goosic. Fajen. Would that be just the woodwork or did they also convert the rifle?
Barrel and front sight etc!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 10:15am
Fajen just made stocks that I am aware of.
The rear sight looks just like an aftermarket Williams sight as well. 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2020 at 3:23pm
Yup, Fajen was exclusively a stock maker. & that does look like a Williams ramp & sight.
Not every sporter is a Bubbah.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
heppaloc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppaloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 6:10am
thanks everyone that responded and replied with great info. Being a newbie just wondering what a Bubbah is....
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by heppaloc heppaloc wrote:

thanks everyone that responded and replied with great info. Being a newbie just wondering what a Bubbah is....

"Bubba" is both the individual that sporterizes old milsurps, or otherwise hacks on guns, with no skill and all the wrong tools, and also the guns he's chopped up. Sometimes it's reversible, sometimes it can be salvaged into a nice sporter, and sometimes it's just completely toast.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 9:31pm
there ya go - best info you can find on the internet delivered without sugar coating in terms we can all agree with and in a tone that most will accept , 
it is some of the reasons this is the very best enfield site you will find , 
we also offer levity in lethally acceptable doses and banter beyond the original topic in ways you cannot find anywhere else , all delivered in good spirit with nothing but best intent and generally educational , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by WilliamS WilliamS wrote:

"Bubba" is both the individual that sporterizes old milsurps, or otherwise hacks on guns, with no skill and all the wrong tools, and also the guns he's chopped up. Sometimes it's reversible, sometimes it can be salvaged into a nice sporter, and sometimes it's just completely toast.
I consider myself to be a Bubba...
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Originally posted by WilliamS WilliamS wrote:

I consider myself to be a Bubba...

Your builds are just too pretty for you to be a Bubba, sorry! You need more dremel gouges, Krylon paint and wood screws driven into metal to qualify. Maybe a grind to fit recoil pad stuck on without a grinder too.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 6:56am
He's not a real Bubba!
Bubba sits under a shade tree (Because his long-suffering wife has driven him from the house because of the strange smells),  with a blunt, rusty penknife, a dull hacksaw & a broken Dremel.
Then he builds some fantasmagorical Frankenrifle finished with rattle can paint & "features" that no-one else can comprehend a purpose for. Large blobby globs of some unknown "glue" (or is it weld?) are his trademark. In his own twisted mind he is "THE WORLD'S GREATEST LIVING GUNSMIFF"!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 8:36am
They mixed a solid project in with those Bubbas! Those Enfields are smoke grenade discharger builds. A guy in the UK did a bunch of them.
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 9:24am
I wanna know how he does those nice builds seemingly overnight.
double gun
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 10:04am
Yep the smoke dischargers are legit clones.
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 10:32am

removed
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by devrep devrep wrote:

I wanna know how he does those nice builds seemingly overnight.
Preparations done prior to the actual builds with a measure six times cut once attitude. I have been connected to the No4 Enfield is some way or another for 42 years now and started and completed my first rebuild 34 years ago. Alot of trials and errors along the way unfortunately.  But those casualties that were the results of my own doing are the reason I can now do what I do seemingly overnight...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by The Armourer The Armourer wrote:

Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Yep the smoke dischargers are legit clones.

I get a message that that website cannot be opened by 'my country' are we talking about these ?

Blasters for the Jawas in the Star Wars franchises...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic