Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2021 at 7:41pm
Its only one that I could tell for sure that was touching. The other was close, but not quite- I didn't think it was enough, so I just left off.
I used some of that German MEN surplus when I bought a couple cans  back when it was around.
Afterwards when I went home and cleaned the bore I looked and realized the FS was left of a little pencil mark I had left on the base, about one and half blade width.
It was calling for rain so I just grabbed my stuff and headed out to the range to get an entry in.
I was going to grab a better sling that I move around to some different rifles and be better prepared but ran with what was left on that rifle.
The upper loop is on the last set of holes with all the clothes I had on under my coat and I swelled up some from weight I put on when my legs started going bad.
The old girl was laughing at me but we had a nice trip over and back. Grabbed a coffee and all that.
Thanks for getting the virtual match started, it was nice to get out and make some holes again.
I'm going to get some others out of the dungeon and go back again real soon.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 7:18pm
BigDawgFSJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigDawgFSJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2021 at 6:40pm
I am in.  It will bench supported, my range does not allow the Prone position.  They Will allow standing.  Go figure.

SeabeeAl
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2021 at 1:31pm
Nice shooting.
My targets i ordered finally came in this afternoon. SR1
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 3:48am
Not been any posts on this in a while.  I’ll throw this out for the Service Rifle Class, shot prone in sling at 200 yards from my 1944 Long Branch No. 4 Mk 1/3 with Mk 1 service aperture sight.  NRA Short Range Target.

Load is 174 gr SMK, 39.0 gr. Norma 202, WLR primer.  

Score is 100-7x.  Group size center to center extreme spread 3.7 inches.

Here’s a shot of the monitor target overlay zoomed in to the 9 ring, two shots just outside the x ring, missed a 100-9x by a hair.

303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2021 at 9:41am
That’s some pretty good shooting.
I will enter a target in here once it warms up and I make a target (having trouble finding targets of the right specifications).
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 2:59pm
Yes that is Awesome shooting
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 6:30pm
Nice!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 2:19pm
Got back to the range today.  Shot my 0L 1941 Long Branch No. 4 Mk 1/2 I got from ASquare10 and also my UF56 No. 4 Mk2 DCRA 7.62.  I was a bit off today, I think too much Burbon last night.  

Pic is a bit fuzzy, but you should be able to make out the 200, 300 and 600 yard lines.  

200 yard SR Target shot prone with my Mk 2 DCRA, PH 5c rear sight.  Score 100-6x. First five shots a bit high, had to come down a few clicks on the rear sight. 

Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 3:20pm
Excellent demonstration of skill in marksmanship.
I'm going to pull another rifle out and get up to the range to sling some lead for participation.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 9:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 4:45pm
Yup, that’s a 100-8x score.  I’d bet if you shoot a few more 10 shot groups, you would get one that is all in the X ring.  Is this the rifle with the 7.62 L8 barrel?  Very good shooting rifle indeed. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 4:51pm
Yes. It is the Faux L8A5T*
I was using Sierra 168grn TMK bullets with 40.0grns of N202 and primed with WLRM primers.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 7:34am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 11:13am
 That’s what makes it so challenging, especially shooting with iron sights and holding the rifle without support.  With irons, you can’t focus on the target and the front sight at the same time.  Heck, I can barely see the black which encompasses the 9 ring, it looks like a smudged tiny black dot to me.  Ive tried to hold the X ring in prone with the aperture sight and can’t quite get there. 

One thing you could try is aiming at the bottom of the black, it might be a more repeatable point of aim.  

Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 3:15pm
I re-barrelled a BSA No 1 mk III* with one of the new Sarco barrels that were available in the past, fit new draws into a DP stock and swapped over to a windage adjustable rear site about a year ago or so. The BSA rifle is the second entry for the Virtual match and is for the Sr 1 target category.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
  Share Topic