Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 11:06am
Believe me; I would be over the moon with a 97/100 score!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Sinnlover View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 12:51pm
I managed to get out for another blatt this morning.
Not worth of entering in to the match but after a couple of flyers I was happy with my first group.
7.62 Enfield No4 conversion. Shot prone, at 300m, unsupported with iron sights.
I am no marksman but at least I can stick a hole in the paper!

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 1:38pm
wish I could get out to the range but we`re in a useless lock down again, seems our premier dosn`t give a lick about our well being, we`re the only place on earth that golf courses are closed, park walking courses, sporting clubs including ranges etc etc, but factories and big box stores can remain open.
Our local range has been closed more than its been open this yr. very sad indeed.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 1:50pm
Looks like your off to a good start.  Is that target the .303 UK NRA Historic Rifle Target, or is it the current TR target?  Do you know if the overlay grid is 1 MOA (3 inches at 300 yards?

Sinnlover View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2021 at 3:19pm
it’s an MOA target
It’s really not that good. I have had better. I am very rusty.
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Sinnlover Sinnlover wrote:

I managed to get out for another blatt this morning.
Not worth of entering in to the match but after a couple of flyers I was happy with my first group.
7.62 Enfield No4 conversion. Shot prone, at 300m, unsupported with iron sights.
I am no marksman but at least I can stick a hole in the paper!

I am editing my own post - I noticed several folks are posting shots of a digital representation of their targets.   We lost Sinnlover's photo but if I recall it almost looked like a computer game; I also saw Britrifles is at a range with a similar system.   I've never seen this before.  Am I interpreting this correctly?   I do a lot of shooting at a friends farm, so no systems, and only local range near me has metal targets and allows posting of paper targets but we do not have a system like this.  Very cool.
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 8:24am
Its the newer electronic target scoring systems.
https://accurateshooter.net/Blog/etarg01.jpg
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 11:03am
I like this.   Thanks for the additional photos.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

wish I could get out to the range but we`re in a useless lock down again, seems our premier dosn`t give a lick about our well being, we`re the only place on earth that golf courses are closed, park walking courses, sporting clubs including ranges etc etc, but factories and big box stores can remain open.
Our local range has been closed more than its been open this yr. very sad indeed.

sorry to hear this - the pandemic is over , why on earth are they continuing to close you down ? we have a friend from the isle of man that is expected here this late summer , a lot of this is seeming even more political than ever and ive always thought it that , locking down free countries ? - vote them out NOour idiot is driving me nuts , i refuse to watch the news , dont want to see us being made a fool of by this poppet any more  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 7:08pm
Yes, all of the targets I post are from the CMP range at Talladega, Alabama.  The targets are electronic, wired for sound.  The bullet passes thru a sound chamber and the sensors at the four corners of the target frame calculate the precise location of bullet impact.  No more calling the range cold and walking to the targets to mark, score, paste.  A real time saver. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2021 at 8:54pm
Gents, I need some help locating an image that was previously posted showing the trajectory of 150gr and 184gr bullets.  From memory it showed convergence at 150yds, and the relative difference at different yardage.  I have looked across many threads and cant find it.

I am thinking someone on this thread has posted it - would love to see it again if you don't mind.  Sorry for inconvenience and thanks in advance.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2021 at 12:40am
Not sure who posted that. But you can use a "Ballistic calculator" that are on the internet.
You put in the details of the round. Velocity, bullet weight etc and it calculates the flight path. So you can compare different loads and get an idea of sight adjustment etc.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
klondike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klondike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2021 at 4:44am
Going to head to the club range today, to see what I can do with my PH us property 303. Haven't shot it in quite some time. But should be fun.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2021 at 11:42am
Is this still going or is it over?
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2021 at 1:55pm
Shiloh, the match runs all year.  At the end of this year, I will review all the submissions and list all those who posted targets, the score and the top score in each classification.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2021 at 4:13am
Here’s the last target I’ll post for the 2021 Virtual Match, for the Lee Enfield Service Rifle class. No. 4 Mk 1/3 1944 Long Branch shot prone in sling at 200 yards on the SR target.  Score is 100-5x.  

The group is not centered on the target, but shows how well this rifle can group.  There was a 5 mph wind on the range right to left.  

The center to center extreme spread is 3.2 inches (1.6 MOA), 2/10ths of an inch larger than the X ring diameter.  The cluster of 8 shots on the left side of the target center is 1.6 inches (sub-MOA).  I’ve got the monitor zoomed all the way in so only shows the target out to the 9 ring. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
  Share Topic