Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield-Rifles Forum Virtual Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 7:07am
Richard, you can shoot this in either the Service Rifle or Unlimited category.   Service Rifle is “iron sights” only, no magnification.  “Unlimited” is intended to be just that, any Lee Enfield rifle with any sight.  
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 8:15am
Many thanks, Geoff.  :-)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 12:25pm
I took my 1918 SMLE .22 to the range on Saturday. Here's two targets of 10 shot's each.
One using RWS Match ammunition and the other SK Match.
Due to there only being one free space available when I arrived; which was a bench.
 So I had to shoot from sitting position, with elbows on the bench (without extra support).
This rifle is totally standard with original iron sights.

First time with this type of target; so not great; but I would say reasonable for a standard 102 year old rifle. 94/100 with the SK ammo  and 92/100 with the RWS. 
I will have to try again from the prone position.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 3:59pm
Looks good Zed.  Once you get prone in the sling, I’m sure you will clean the target.  Then I’d like you to work towards 100-10x, you have the skill.  

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2021 at 4:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 4:41am
If there are more members that will participate if we change the “rules” to allow shooting the Service Rifle class off the bench unsupported (i.e. off the elbows, no sandbag or rest) I can edit the rules to include this.  Some may find it hard to get into (and out of) the prone position.  Let me know.  The idea is to get as many members out to the range as possible. 

While prone in sling is the most stable, as far as I’m concerned you can shoot the Service Rifle and .22 Trainer class in any position as long as you don’t use a support under the rifle.  If you want to shoot off a bench with support (sandbags or rest) you can shoot in the Unlimited class.  

Shooting in the “sitting” position means to me that your sitting down on the ground.  Sitting in a chair with elbows on a bench is “shooting off the bench”.  

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 9:48am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 9:59am
No problem Goosic, I want to accommodate as many of our members and as many variants of our Lee Enfields as we can, hence the reason for the three different classes.  

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 12:46pm
I just realized our range ONLY allows shooting from a bench! any ideas?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 12:52pm
Sham, I’m fine if you want to shoot the Service Rifle class sitting at the bench, as long as you don’t use a support under the rifle, just off the elbows.  You might be able to shoot with a sling that way too.  I don’t think that gives you any advantage over shooting prone.  

For the Unlimited class, I’m expecting everyone will shoot off the bench with support (a rest, sandbags, etc.).
Sinnlover View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinnlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 1:58pm
I will happily join in when Bisley is open again, if I may? 
I tend to shot prone just with the sling as support. 
Can we enter in each class? 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 4:25pm
OK, thanks.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 4:34pm
I got my targets in today. I don't expect to clean any targets but getting into prone is not my primary concern.
It's getting back up Cry and being able to focus on the front site clearly!

Ill have to remember center- center- center and throw in a little line of white hold for my British rifles.
It'll be fun to get out and do some shooting no matter what happens.
Looking forward to having some fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 5:05pm
Sinnlover, yes, you can enter in each class.  And if you shoot a better score later, post that target photo and score.  I’ll be reviewing all the scores in each class and write up an honor roll at the end of the year.  

Doco, glad to hear you are joining in.  I find just regular reading glasses (“cheaters”) to be effective to see the front sight, doesn’t matter that the target is fuzzy.  I also use the 6:00 hold with just a sliver of white showing between top of foresight and bottom of black aiming mark.  Some shooters effectively use a “center mass” hold, it doesn’t work for me. 

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 5:07am
Just found out that Rso`s only are able to use the range during this enhanced lock down, so I may book some time and do some 303 shooting.
I think the range has the appropriate targets.
So how many times can one submit targets during this competition?
I`ll be shooting No.1 MkIII(no*) 1915, iron sights and No.5 Mk1, 1944 iron sights, both in SR and unlimited, seated at the bench as this is our only option, elbows and sand bags if that`s OK
Both these rifles are full military stocked with their original sights, I cant see worth poop, so this should be interesting.

Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 8:22am
Can I make my own sr-1 targets, cant find any online and I dont have a printer?
Just need addition spacing specs for 8,7,6 rings
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic