Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Enfield Oiler Markings List is now mobile-friendly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield Oiler Markings List is now mobile-friendly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by rb67mustang rb67mustang wrote:

Thanks, shiloh, and Strangely Brown, I'm not planning to do any re-enactments, but I would like to have some original accessories for my N05. I just got in some stripper clips from Northridge International and I did see the cleaning kit they have in a tin. I'm not sure if that's a good price because this is the first time seeing this item. https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/smle-10.htm
Just a FYI about, "Stripper Clips". They are in fact referred to as, "Charging Clips." 
rb67mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2022 at 7:48pm
Thanks. Goosic, I'll remember that. So many other firearms call them something else. Since we're talking British Rifles, I'll get it right next time. LOLLLL!!!!!
Thanks!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 5:10am
Stripper clips are what exotic dancers use to hide their high beams, Thumbs Up
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 5:45am
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

Stripper clips are what exotic dancers use to hide their high beams, Thumbs Up
Well said, shiloh, they hide their secret Weapons that make a good man go astray!!! Now that I'm older, those days are in my distant past and fading memories.

But yes, my Charger Clips are in NOS condition and they are ready and willing to serve at the range, or in the heat of Battle. 

I believe I have 2, and 4 in the proper position as to not become locked as they are Charged. I hope I don't get myself in trouble with the moderator for hijacking the Oiler Thread!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 12:35pm
Small correction "(Magazine) Chargers".Big smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 1:21pm
Yes, I wouldn't want to make anyone think I was talking about Dodge Chargers!!!LOL
pass the ammo, please, the enemy approaches!!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 5:05pm

Absolutely not!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 8:56pm
you have now been properly tony'd me thinks , and welcome to the group , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

you have now been properly tony'd me thinks , and welcome to the group , 
I'm not sure what tony'd means, good or bad, but thanks A square 10, I feel like I'm home and I'm having a good time.Big smile
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 9:17pm
tony was a member - now departed [RIP] - that was a stickler for proper nomenclature , he corrected . sometimes with a bit of a bite , but was much appreciated here , we all loved his wit as well as his bite , you may now feel like your properly inducted [not sure there is any criteria ] and that was the hazing 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2022 at 9:22pm
I'm happy to be here and I'm glad I found this website. I may not always have the proper terminology, but I'm here as a Yank to learn the way of the Enfield!!!LOL!!!!LOLWink
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2022 at 10:36am
Strippers and clips , indeed!!
Pay attention, grasshopper...& learn well.
Loose wimmen tightened here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2022 at 11:49am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Strippers and clips , indeed!!
Pay attention, grasshopper...& learn well.

Yes....Sir....hoadie....Sir....I may be a Yank, but I'm a fast learner!!!

BTW, hoadie, Sir, in case you missed my comment on another thread, here's a copy for you.

hoadie....Sir....could I a Yank adopt you as well? My wife and I did honeymoon on the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls way back in 1986? I need the guidance of an experienced Enfield Rifleman, so I don't confuse a Charger with something the heathens among us refer to them as? I promise I will be dedicated to learn the ways of the Enfield and all its proper terminology and part names, and to become one with my N05 as well as any N04 that may be entrusted to me in the future.

Thanks, hoadie....Sir....in advance.SmileWink
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2022 at 12:43pm
Tony has now been superseded (but never replaced) by Hoiadie!
Not to worry, Matron still has the dart Tranq gun if it gets overboard.
Star
Mustang: as you may be discovering we have a good sense of humor on here, unlike many sites.
Lord help you if Hoadie (being the King of the Gnomes) unleashes his Gnomish army on you!Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb67mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2022 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Tony has now been superseded (but never replaced) by Hoiadie!
Not to worry, Matron still has the dart Tranq gun if it gets overboard.
Star
Mustang: as you may be discovering we have a good sense of humor on here, unlike many sites.
Lord help you if Hoadie (being the King of the Gnomes) unleashes his Gnomish army on you!Confused

Yes, my friend, Shamu, I've noticed, I have a tendency to be that way as well. Who wants to go through life and not he happy and crack a joke or two when the opportune time arises?

On the same token, there are many knowledgeable like minded men here, and that's what makes the difference.Wink 

Cheers!Smile
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2022 at 10:30am
Sometimes new guys don't get it & assume we're being nasty, instead of funny.
https://revenantfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/gnomes-002.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic