Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virtual Match Submission!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Match Submission!!!
    Posted: January 20 2021 at 9:02am
Range time this morning was less than what I had hoped for. The temperature was okay but the 12 mph wind was playing heII with the target board. I used the Faux Parker Hale with the 7.62mm 2A1 Ishapore barrel.  The scope is a Nikko Stirling 4-12×50 with 25yd - infinity focusing. The chosen load used was 42.0grns of IMR4895,  168grn Hornady BTHP bullets,  No. GM215M primers, and Lapua cases set to an AOL of 2.750"
For this submission I first did my sighting in on some shoot n see targets.  I continued on getting the barrel hot and fouled. I used up forty rounds to accomplish that task. The last ten rounds were used on the SR-1 target with 8 shots in the X ring and two in the ten ring. I did not flinch on the ten ring shots. The target board was moving back and forth with that 12 mph wind. The pic through the scope is for reference only showing what 100 yards looks like for me with the scope set at 6x...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:03am
 Great result Goosic, 100-8x.  That will be tough to beat.  
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:14am
Thank you...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:38am
Great shooting Goosic. As always!Thumbs Up
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:51am
Goosic, can you post this target and score on the Virtual Match thread so we don’t loose it.  

A minor point, I think it would be better if you don’t add the red aiming mark to the target, that way no one will say you had an advantage.  It doesn’t concern me, but good to keep things equal for all....

Again, excellent result.  We’re going to have to make this harder for those shooting in the “Unlimited” class...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 1:27am
You could use a smaller target for scoped rifles and keep the standard one for match and iron sights.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 4:56am
I'd hold off on the "making it harder" for unlimited... you haven't seen my results yet!Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 6:01am
No worries HT. We’ll see what the results are at the end of the year.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic