Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest added to the rack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest added to the rack
    Posted: January 20 2021 at 9:57am
1. PH Custom No.1 Lithgow(I`ve restored this rifle it was rough)
2. Churchill No4 Mk1/2 shcnabel(being shipped)

Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 11:33am
Very nice! Both are, in fact!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 12:42pm
Yeah, those are a couple of very pretty sporting rifles.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 1:06pm
Ya that churchill is just like the one I had back in the 80`s, wish I had never sold it, so when I saw this one.....
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 4:06pm
Beautiful examples! I would be very proud to have them in my own collection!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 4:10pm
Very nice indeed!!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 5:05pm
I like my rifles "utilitarian" but those put me to shame.
Very nice guys.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 9:16am
 Been trying to research the history on these Churchill`s, unlike PH and others, there is virtually nothing remaining archived or records on the conversions of these beautiful rifles.
Churchill has changed hands many times and even closed since the family business started, all historical records have either been destroyed or lost forever.
 There is a book by D.A. Masters that could possibly shed some light on the subject, but, I`m reluctant to spend $200+ to find out unless one of you fine gentlemen have a copy and could shed some light.
 It`s hard to believe that someone out there, collector or history buff, would not have collected some of those documents, or even understand an executive decision to have the records destroyed unless it was to save face or taxation. There`s probably a million reasons, just a shame is all.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 11:49am
On kind of the same topic. John Jovino's gun shop has officially closed its doors due to Covid-19 related issues. Now would be the time to barter with the son to aquire his Enfields...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 7:55am
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

Been trying to research the history on these Churchill`s, unlike PH and others, there is virtually nothing remaining archived or records on the conversions of these beautiful rifles.
Churchill has changed hands many times and even closed since the family business started, all historical records have either been destroyed or lost forever.

This statement was based off of what a few people have told me recently.
So yesterday I contacted Churchill, their reply was, the history is filed by date not serial number from 1880 to present, some records were lost in a fire, the cost to research is 75 lbs sterling.
 A little pricey for a possible negative out come.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 9:32am
They want 75 bucks from you in exchange for information they have?
Not worth it at all. Enjoy that rifle for what it is. Now that you have it, its history starts with you from this moment forward...
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2021 at 11:38am
I will indeed, it`s $130CDN, 75lbs sterling.

The person that replied back to me said it was, `hideously painful searching through the old records, hence the small fee to do so, regardless of the out come`!

Ya it`s much easier to spend that else where.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 10:51am
The Churchill arrived today, other than the recoil pad, this rifle is mint.
Its a mk1/2, original maker, I dont know, Churchills degree of refinishing the metal for high gloss blue has scrubbed pretty much every mark.
There`s a 54 stamp on the under side of the barrel and a Mk2 trigger assembly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic