Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh joy, bifocals...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2021 at 7:49pm
Be careful with stairs  as for shooting the peep sight is your friend  though I can manage open sights on my German 88/05  but that has a long sight radius We will not mention my shooting a SKS or AK ClonesCry
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 5:36am
Well, I got my new glasses earlier this week. They are...... interesting... I'll be hitting the shooting range this weekend and going from there.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 11:17am
you'll be "hitting" a few other things as well, til u get used to them!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 12:35pm
Best tip I can give you is to learn to move your whole head, instead of your eyes.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 12:28pm
I didn't get out to shoot this weekend. I was having a heck of a time. Walking around the yard over the weekend made me terribly nauseous. I sure hope I get used to these soon.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 12:37pm
You will Bear.  Won’t take too long.  
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 12:54pm
It took me about 3 weeks to really get comfortable with them, but that will depend on the prescription. Mine is fairly light but The Mrs has Mount Palomar like lenses.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 12:55pm
My prescription is pretty stout.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 12:58pm
That & big frames are the worst for distortion.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2021 at 7:06pm
it only gets wose from here so concentrate on adjusting , i still carry three sets of glasses the ones i wear to live , the ones i read with [cant walk around with] and the ones i do close work with [cant even look around the room with these] but so far ive resisted the bi-focal or worse tri-focals , im old i dont do well with change , it makes me cranky as my kids say ...........kinda like not having a beer when i want one , i do get by tho ....so far 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2021 at 9:47am
I'm with you A Square! I also have 3 pairs. My first pair of reading glasses I now use for work (I'm a mechanic). My second pair of reading glasses I use reading at work and computer stuff. My 3rd pair are my newest reading glasses that are only for books and small print. luckily my vision for longer distances is fine.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic