Local gun show is happening!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local gun show is happening!
    Posted: March 21 2021 at 6:33pm
its been near 20 years since i had mine , back then i knew some of the premier japanese collectors - on in particular actually helped me a whole bunch , but these are nearly as complicated to research and understand as the enfields we love , the riffles i had and the couple handguns took way more time than i had to give when i was into the enfield collection and thats why they are gone , not for lack of interest - they were very interesting to say the least but i was very much concentrating on the enfields and both these and the US collections had to go to make way , thankfully i was not deeply invested at that time and there was a market at that time , 

i found the bayonets very interesting as the prototypes of the P1907 - very interesting historical connection , the empire had a lot of these connections that become interesting as you dig into what your buying for your commonwealth collections , 
lyman1903 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyman1903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 6:55am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i think you will see more japanese as the WWII gen passes , they have held them in whatever form they brought them home in but they are going fast . i may be overthinking this but i still think it , their heirs dont know what they have , if one was into them it might be the time to grab but you need to fully understand exactly what you are looking at to get the good ones , i knew just enough of the T99 one i had to know it was really worth it to buy but there are earlier and latter that still confuse me , the bayonets are fun as well , they inspired the hooked quillon of our enfields , 

very true, 

I am seeing a lot more Arisaka's of all flavors  on the market in this area,  
we have at least a dozen in inventory now, and have sold a few on GB at respectable prices

Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2021 at 5:50am
I'm sure that the passing of the war generation is the reason so many Japanese rifles are suddenly hitting the market. Sad to see. I looked at a few of the rifles and the prices seemed reasonable but I don't know anything about them to really know for sure.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2021 at 5:23pm
i think you will see more japanese as the WWII gen passes , they have held them in whatever form they brought them home in but they are going fast . i may be overthinking this but i still think it , their heirs dont know what they have , if one was into them it might be the time to grab but you need to fully understand exactly what you are looking at to get the good ones , i knew just enough of the T99 one i had to know it was really worth it to buy but there are earlier and latter that still confuse me , the bayonets are fun as well , they inspired the hooked quillon of our enfields , 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2021 at 3:33pm
Good I'm glad you got to go to a show! Looks ours here are cancelled.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2021 at 3:28pm
Well, I went to the gun show today and it was nice. Very good turnout for it. For surplus there were a lot of Japanese rifles for sale. I've never seen that many in one place before. Unfortunately there wasn't a single Enfield to be had. I did walk out with 150 round of .303 that I paid $75 for. Some of it is Greek and Pakistani and some of it reloads. No, I won't shoot the reloads but the components will come in handy. I plan to pull the bullets and dump the powder and reuse bullets and primed brass. It's all Winchester and Norma brass. All in all I was happy.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 7:47am
That's great news. Our big one here has been "rescheduled" (read cancelled) 3 times because of the WVa Governator. AngryOther shows at the same venue have NOT been rescheduled delayed or cancelled.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2021 at 5:37am
I am ecstatic! The local gun show is happening on the 20th and 21st! It was cancelled last year and there were worries about this year, but it's a go! I'll be hitting that up for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic