Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Assistance from a NZ Member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2021 at 12:38pm
Also there is a chap here who makes lower Mk1 smle forewood , does a very good job. 
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Marco1010 Marco1010 wrote:

Hi William

Great news !  what parts are you after specifically?  I have a few contacts who have mk1 SMLE rifles.
Have one myself that has been partially upgraded to use HV ammunition. still has the on bolt charger slide, but later rear sight , furniture and nosecap.  quite a few mk1 smle still lurk around NZ as many were put back into service during early WW2 for homeguard use or as rifle grenade launchers.  Many were sold into private use between the wars and spent the rest of their lives as hunting rifles.

A little bit of everything really, I jumped on the opportunity to land a few rarer magazines and it turned out to be quite the windfall. We'll see what else turns up and then I'll sort it all against what projects rifles I do have, but it's looking like I'll need to pick up a MkI (no star) to match with the bolt, and a couple MLE and MLM projects. I'm at about 10k and climbing for this buy so I won't be picking much else up anytime soon. I've got three SMLE MkI***, one MkI** and one MkI* in various states of completion to finish up first, the one major bit I need to track down is the MkI** nosecap (the Navy one, a MkI nosecap with the ears drawn out straight).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic