Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > 7.62 Enfield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I used a sandbag for support.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I used a sandbag for support.
    Posted: March 24 2021 at 10:30am
Went to the range today. I used a sandbag to support the front of the rifle and used my left hand to get the X&Y axis while it was firmly up against my shoulder. The scope currently on the Faux L8A5T is a Nikko Stirling 3-9×40 Panamax with a MilDot rectical. I did not have a NRA regulation 200 yard target with me so I used what was available to me for free. The ten shot group took all of our 15 min live fire period to complete. I believe that the X-Ring on the official 200 yard target is 3" in circumference. My little Warhorse puts them where you point it at and that is good enough for me...Hug...Thumbs UpThumbs Up
lyman1903 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lyman1903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 10:48am
good shooting!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 10:49am
Nice shooting!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 12:33pm
Good result!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 1:34pm
Indeed, that rifle is about as good as it gets with a No. 4.  You might occasionally see smaller 10 shot groups off the bench.  

Is that a one inch grid on the target?  I’d so, it looks like the group is just over 2 inches, maybe 2.2 inches (1.1 MOA). 

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

Indeed, that rifle is about as good as it gets with a No. 4.  You might occasionally see smaller 10 shot groups off the bench.  

Is that a one inch grid on the target?  I’d so, it looks like the group is just over 2 inches, maybe 2.2 inches (1.1 MOA). 
Yes. Each grid is a 1" square ⬛. The way i figure it. All ten shots are well within the official NRA 200 yard 3" X-Ring so, it might be worth the hassle to compete with it.
I am putting a 4-12×40 with side focus from 15-500 yards on it this weekend, along with a new T mount that has 8 MOA built into it for easier collimating along the centerline of the bore when mating it to the pads. If it is going to look like a sniper rifle, it sure as heII will perform like one...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 2:57pm
Goosic, you could shoot that in the 3x600 matches (three strings of 20 rounds each at 600 yards), see if the Ben Avery range runs those matches.  I’m not certain what class of rifles they would allow, but at the TMP, they have a “any” rifle “any” sight.  If it’s an F-Class match, you can use sandbag support.  

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 3:03pm
We have a 300 yard range that is open on the weekends and every once in awhile they open the 1000 yard range. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2021 at 4:08pm
nice shooting - i cant do that with these old eyes anymore 
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 4:18am
I go to 2 different ranges. 1 public and 1 private. The public range only goes out to 100 yards and the private range has a 200 yard steel plate target. That's about as far as I care to try these days with iron sights and old eyes. Lol
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic