Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > 7.62 Enfield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My version of the 7.62 Enfield Sniper Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My version of the 7.62 Enfield Sniper Rifle
    Posted: March 28 2021 at 7:49pm

Everything that could be done to bring out the best of this rifle was done to the best of my abilities.  Everywhere a milled steel item could have been used, was replaced with the stamped version.  The scope assembly was modified to accommodate a 4-12×40 rifle scope with side focus from 10 yards out to infinity. With a full magazine and plastic oiler,"filled" along with the pull through, the rifle balances directly on the King Screw. With all the lightened metal bits, including a sear from a No5 and the stock bolt that has been reduced in diameter, the rifle weighs in at a scant 10.5 lbs fully loaded minus a sling. The cocking piece, trigger and sear contact points has been polished with diamond impregnated jewelers rouge that allow for one smooth pull until let off is reached with a consistent 2.5 lb of trigger pull. Barrel bedding was done at the muzzle using a copper shim. According to CMP/NRA specifications, it is neither a service rife nor a target rifle. I will refer to it as a Rogue Rifle and in a class all by itself. So, without further adieu.....Hug.....
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2021 at 3:30pm
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2021 at 9:18pm
Nice looking rifle. I always enjoy see your builds.
I noticed that you modified a modern front sight blade. What tools did you use to do that?
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2021 at 8:10am
Thank you for the compliment. 
The front sight blade is a Gold Bead LE3/28 from Lyman.
FlyPiper907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyPiper907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 2:48pm
Wow, amazing. I hope I can attain this skill one day. Excellent job, Goosic. Thank you for sharing. 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 3:37pm
Very, very nice.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 6:39pm
looks great 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 7:02pm
I had to go back to the smaller 3-9×32 scope. I could not get the one pictured to focus properly and it would not keep a horizontal hold. I just went back to what I know works and left it alone...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2021 at 12:53pm
Nice job Goosic!
looking forward to the range report.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 4:14am
Very nice clean buils!
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic