Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The .22 converted No4 range report...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The .22 converted No4 range report...
    Posted: April 14 2021 at 12:12pm
Range day was as calm as I could have asked for. When I tested the  scope out the  other day, I was using CB rounds, 440 fps.  Today I used the LR rounds. The original sighting in  was apparently all I needed. At the 50 yards point on the range, every shot on the sighting target hit pretty much dead center. Ten shots on the middle diamond and five shots on the corner smaller diamonds. Not having to deal with a shoulder jolting thump from recoil is what I associate with the extreme accuracy of this brute. That and I believe that the inserted rifle tube inside the original No4 barrel makes this in effect, a heavy target barrel.  My smallest five shot group fits inside a 45 Auto case and the initial ten shot group can be covered with a nickel. I do not have any official NRA targets so I cannot post to the Virtual Match thread. I think I am leaving the scope in place for now on...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 12:25pm
Looks good.
I just remembered, answering the other guy's question, The Smith needs chasing up on my ShtLE.22RRF conversion installation! He's had the stuff for months at this point.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 2:08pm
I have one of those conversion kits that's never been fitted but its for a No 1 mk III
Looks like fun, I should do something with it.
Ive been shooting a US trainer recently, tons of fun and cheaper to run.
Gets good groups too like that from a rest so its satisfying to shoot/plink with.
Cant beat it for ammo cost-conservation.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 2:38pm
The rifle...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 6:39pm
wish i could shot that well , but alas those days are long gone ...nice job on that one 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 6:46pm
Thank you for those kind words sir...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 6:59pm
With shooting like that I would absolutely hate being down range from you! Nice job!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 7:02pm
The one absolute thing I can credit my dad for. 
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 7:41pm
its time like this that i remember my dad as well , its one of those things we hope we pass on to our kids and grandkids , 

i will add that my nephews do remember their grandfather [my dad] giving them these opportunities , its why i passed his guns down to them way before i wanted to part with them , they appreciate having what he taught them on , this may well be the last generation to appreciate that , but im trying with my kids and grandkids - hopefully it will get one more hop , 

as kids our first gun was the greatest experience of our lives , it will always be remembered as mine , it is our american heritage and they are trying to steal it every day , if i can instill even a little in my kids [now adults] or my grandkids i will die a happy man , 
ive had my grandson shooting everything from our enfields to my cowboy guns , at least he is getting a little education of our heritage , i just inherited two new ones and im looking forward to having more company at the range - as well as two more that will inherit the items i have left , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 11:40am
Goosic, that is a great result. 
Seeing the .45 round on the target reminds me of possibly the best (luckiest) shot I ever made!
The challenge was to set off a .45ACP round set in a target at 50 metres.
I set up two targets, one to check the zero (due to a change of ammo) and the second put the .45 round in the centre.
 5 rounds to zero. Much to my amazement, I set off the .45 round first attempt! 
It tore the centre out of the target! I've not tried it again! 
I was using a CZ455 .22 with a Tasco scope

I'm sure you could do that with the Enfield.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 11:53am
Zed, I did the same but with a 12 gauge bird shot she!!.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 2:44pm
We used to lay beer bottles on the horizontal and see who could knock the bottoms out at 20 paces with my Ruger mk1 pistol, vintage  1959, still have that little beauty, but sadly I couldn`t hit a paint can at 2 paces anymore, poor sight and shacky as......  Unhappy

nice shootn Goosic
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 3:24pm
I wish I had my "best target ever" still, but, sadly all I have is a witness.
Big fly 100yds
Ruger 10-22
Nailed him to the "X" ring.
With the factory Iron sights!

I kept that target with the splattered fly taped to it (2 wings, a splat! & an eyeball) till the tape yellowed & the stickum failed, then I put a layer of packing tape over it.
I'm actually amazed I kept my cool when pasting up that target.
Big smile
"Yeah he was driving me crazy buzzing through the black constantly"!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2021 at 10:35pm
Shamu, you know in French the centre of the target is a "mouche" which is the French word for a fly!
Thumbs Up
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 6:52am
I'd forgotten that!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2021 at 7:17am
This 100 yard shot will always be my cool factor shot. And thank God my teenager and two other witnesses were on hand to verify it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic