Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If I suddenly vanish!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If I suddenly vanish!
    Posted: April 21 2021 at 10:25am
Don't Panic!
My Hard drive had some kind of heart attack. Its running for now but i fear its demise is imminent.
I'm trying to order a replacement from Tiger Direct, but they're having some kind of infrastructure problem & customer abuse is utterly useless so I may, or may not have a computer on order.
Stay tuned . . .

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 2:25pm
You as well?? I have been having all kindsa trouble, myself. Suddenly everything wants me to login w/my password & stuff..when I do Im told its wrong.
Bin having kittens with this thing!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 2:33pm
My new computer was shipped, but not shipped, to the misunderstood address (I only spelled it 4 times), but has been cancelled because, as "English is not my primary language so I mis-pronounced Hill, H-I-L-L, Hill, (Hotel India Lima Lima) as field, F-I-E-L-D, field.(Foxtrot India Echo Lima Delta)"! Yes, I used the NATO  mne•mon•ic nĭ-mŏn′ĭk.
As I complained they cancelled the order.
Then re-shipped it TO THE SAME WRONG ADDRESS!!
I am truly cursed I believe now.
I'm just going to wait 'till something, if anything, arrives & dispute all other charges for the 3 other computers delivered to the wrong place.
* sigh *

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 3:22pm
Good grief!  That’s crazy sham.  I hope this gets sorted out for you.  
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 9:20am
This morning I discover that 1/2 of the order has been reshipped, again, to the wrong address. I have now spoken, spelled & explained that "field" F-I-E-L-D, field, is NOT THE SAME as Hill, H-I-L-L, Hill. The nice, barely engris speaking man assures me that its correct because "field is hill"? So we now have 1 1/2 shipments have gone, all to the wrong place. Hopefully its close enough for the UPS Ground to figure out by the zip code?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2021 at 12:25pm
UPDATE:
Most of the stuff arrived, but no card reader/writer  or DVD drive, & the compute has no a/c power cord plus the monitor cord is not connecting the monitor that was bundles with it to the computer it was bundled with.
This means all my data has to be saved to a thumb drive, the computer shut down & its cords swapped to the new one which has to then powered  up up so I can save all the data.
Then I go back & do it again.
Unfortunately one of the files was my address book with all my contact info including logons & passwords.
But we're getting there & I'm promised cable & cords from the sales rep I call "rooster lady"
Cock-a doodle-doo!
Censored

I don't suppose any of you are Hewlett Packard computer whizzes by any chance?
Specifically why their own "displayport" HDMI cabling?
Supposedly there's a problem where it can't connect the 2 bundled ends of the same package!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2021 at 8:58pm
i think these stories are a great example of just how messed up our world is today , ill not get on my soapbox , yet , but this is ridiculous to say the least , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 8:43am
The sad saga continues to limp onward.

"Let me see, the package from a "U.S. Supplier", that UPS confirms was delivered to Ponce, Puerto Rico can't possibly have been, because it is still in route From China, (a U.S. supplier).

Someone is telling Porkie Pies aren't they?

UPS tracking #

1ZX799333525534078

tracking details

Apr 30, 2021

9:50am

Departed from Facility

Carolina, PR

Apr 30, 2021

8:31am

Processing at UPS Facility

Ponce, PR

Apr 30, 2021

8:27am

Arrived at Facility

Carolina, PR

Apr 30, 2021

5:38am

We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled.

Louisville, KY

Apr 30, 2021

4:53am

Departed from Facility

Louisville, KY

Apr 30, 2021

12:28am

Export Scan

Louisville, KY

Apr 29, 2021

4:43pm

Export Scan

Louisville, KY

Apr 29, 2021

12:41pm

Arrived at Facility

Louisville, KY

Apr 29, 2021

5:55am

Departed from Facility

Ontario, CA

Apr 29, 2021

2:24am

Arrived at Facility

Ontario, CA

Apr 29, 2021

12:42am

Departed from Facility

La Mirada, CA

Apr 28, 2021

8:33pm

Origin Scan

La Mirada, CA

Apr 27, 2021

4:58pm

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

Apr 28, 2021

12:34am

Tracking number provided

We are so sorry, but we didn't reply to your message in time for the May Day 3 holiday in China. We've looked at your package and shown that it's still in transit, it's still in customs clearance, and it's not going to Puerto Rico, you see the following shipping track:

2021-04-30 02:23:00

US, Import Customs Clearance Completed

2021-04-29 22:03:00

US, Arrived at Destination Hub

2021-04-29 09:40:00

HK, Departed from Origin Country

2021-04-27 18:10:00

HK, Export Customs Declaration Completed

2021-04-27 07:28:32

CN, Departed from Regional Distribution Center

2021-04-27 03:38:16

CN, DONGGUAN, Arrived at Regional Distribution Center

2021-04-27 01:04:52

CN, ShenZhen, Departed from Local Facility

2021-04-27 00:54:52

CN, ShenZhen, Arrived at Local Facility

2021-04-26 20:13:50

CN, ShenZhen, Package Received (Customer Service Email: CS@orangeconnex.com)

2021-04-26 13:39:16

Shipment Data Received

Finally we found that you gave us a negative review, We hope you can help delete or modify, thank you

My leply.

Me so solly cookie boy but mandarin no me first makey-speaky.

You reie like lug tell heap big porkie pie.

Me no makee change sucky sucky review standee, heyahh?"

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 12:47pm
Sham..you have a serious spelling problem..hope thats not the way you sound when you write.

you tellum, bigboy!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 1:13pm
The wonder's of modern technology!
You can't even blame Brexit! We've had some major spare parts blocked in customs for ages!
With customer's waiting. 
The stuff's only coming from the UK to France; but they sent by truck to a German distribution centre, where Customs sat on it for over 4 weeks for a transmission and 12 weeks for car batteries!
Marvelous!!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 1:21pm
Anything to do with an attempt to "punish" Bad Britain for leaving?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 9:40pm
i hope you can get this fixed , BTW im glad your here in this country
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2021 at 9:05am
Now they're getting aggressive!
DEMANDING I change my bad review to "good", as its "negatively affecting their business, unfairly".
I told them I'll wait till the product arrives successfully.
Sure I'll change it.
"Product lost, reshipped from China after lying to me by saying they were "In The USA" Then arrived late after multiple harassing e-mails from China."
THAT ought to help their business!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic