Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I know that it went BANG BANG at one time...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 10:19am
Interesting backstory. Congratulations on your find.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Interesting backstory. Congratulations on your find.
It still needs to have the top rib resoldered in place thoroughly. The sights on it are very nice as well. Notice I said,"sights." An adjustable rear Buckhorn sight and a neat looking front sight assembly. It might not be worth anything to some but to me, it is worth alot just on the cool factor alone...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 1:21pm
Have you ever re-soldered an SXS rib?
From what I hear that was how the two barrels were regulated to poa. some king of wedge system then the rib locked it into one unit at the end of the process.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 1:42pm
I am just doing the top rib. The bottom rib is not being touched and that is the one that holds everything in order.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 10:32am
O.K. Kewl.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 11:05am
This is what I have so far Shamu:
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 7:58pm
its an interesting piece to be sure , i really like it just as it is , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 8:21pm
All I have done is to clean it and make the necessary repairs and adjustments for a restoration piece. Except for those  necessary repairs and adjustments, it is in its,"As Issued" configuration and will be left as such...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic