Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bought a new BP revolver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bought a new BP revolver
    Posted: May 16 2021 at 2:41am
What you don't see there is the Modern percussion Colts (2nd. and 3rd. generation) I have 4 of those that I shoot. " 1851's a Whitneyville Dragoon and a 1860 Army.

The ones that you mention in the image are all original with the exception of the one you describe as a Dragoon. It is in fact a 1850, or 1860's Mexican copy of a Walker.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2021 at 4:55am
I see a Paterson and a Dragoon in there. Even a nice conversion.
And all I have is an old run down 60 and a 51 to play around with Cry
Thats a heck of a collection.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2021 at 3:27am
Here are some of mine.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
bubba ho tep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubba ho tep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2021 at 8:06pm
These black powder wheelguns are a hoot. Only issue is you get about three cylinders worth of shooting and they tend to become fouled jam sammiches !. I recently started loading 45 long colt and 50/70 with 'trail boss' black powder equivalent smokeless powder and have been  impressed with the 'clean results'. No more hot soapy water scrubs , no more ballistol & water baths. And it's so much more fun !!!. Shooting 45 long colt in a schofield replica SA revolver is a blast !!!.
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2021 at 11:52am
Handsome BP ?
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 9:46pm
one day soon i need to get a group photo of my BP revolvers together and post it , ive actually got a fair accumulation without being a BP cowboy shooter , 

from a walker to 1851.1860 ,1858 , to this new spiller . wonder if there is a cartridge conversion cylinder in 38s&w for these ? new quest i guess , i have one for my 1858 in 45colt , i like shooting my cowboy smokeless in these , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 10:53am
I finally took my Pietta 1851 Reb Model 44 out to shoot a few weeks ago. I was extremely impressed with its accuracy. At 25 yards it was shooting a 4" group. For comparison.  My 1911A1 with a Wilson Combat barrel leaves a 6" group with two extra holes at the same stand off distance...
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 10:13am
That is a very nice revolver. I really enjoy shooting the black powder revolvers and need to expand my collection. May have to consider one of these.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 10:53pm
THANK YOU , stumokiller , you have added what my computer-internet connection failed to allow me to add , i had typed a real long explanation then got disconnected , im having a lot of issues with my provider lately , beenon and lost connection mid post more times than i want to mention , they are supposed to be here later this week to fix but i dont trust it to get fixed any time soon , ill be in and out as it allows , 

it is as he said and im expecting it this week but im not really depending on the delivery any more than im expecting my access here , we shall see how it all works out , 
Stumpkiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumpkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 5:55pm
Copy of a Spiller & Burr revolver.  The barrel key in the brass frame is a give-away.  Some Colt "copies" had a top-strap frame (good idea with the brass frame; or steel even).  Colt didn't have a top-strap or use brass for either frame or barrel yoke - just the trigger bow on some models and the grip frames.
Charlie P.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 5:38pm
Nice, what is it?
I'm guessing some southern made one replicated?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Olddust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olddust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2021 at 7:29am
Nice piece! 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 8:11pm
i think it will look good with my brass framed rifles , and its different than my open top 1851 , 1860 , walker , but should pair up nicely with the 1858 
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 7:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic