Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to Enfields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Enfields
    Posted: May 21 2021 at 9:03am
he!!o all, a new member here from Aurora, North Carolina. I’ve recently gotten interested in the Mk1 Lee Metford and Mk1 Lee Enfield rifles. In my searching I found your forum and figured that I’d join up. My milsurp hobby is to rebuild buggered sporters into what they started out as. I have several original Krags that were my first milsurps. I then rebuilt a pair of sporterized 1903 Springfields and a rebuilt pair of Winchester Model 12 shotguns. The first one into a trench gun and the second into a riot gun. Thinking that I might want to try an older Enfield this year. I’ve watched Ian’s, C&Rsenal and Britishmuzzleloaders Enfield videos. Very interesting. Looks like the Brits were as confused about what to do after running into the german mauser as the Americans were. I will certainly be visiting your forum to learn more. I’ll post some photos of my builds when the forum lets me. Thanks ahead. 

I finally figured out how to post pix, your procedure is a lot more complicated than some other forums that I belong to. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2021 at 9:32pm
welcome - interested to see your work , please do post it so we can see what all you are telling us of , 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 3:50am
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba, Canada!
baltimoreed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2021 at 4:31pm
Here are my two Winchester M12s that I built from field guns. The trench gun had a cut bbl, cut down stock and old reblue while the riot gun had a polychoke and a busted stock. I refinished the wood, cut and faced the bbls, milled the lower sling swivels on my mini mill. I shot the riot at my clubs BAMM today. Ran like a top.  

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2021 at 7:18am
Here are my 2 1903 Springfields that I remilitarized. Bubba crookedly cut the short one [1930] to 21 inch so I faced the bbl, shortened the stock and handguards to stay somewhat proportional. Cut grasping grooves and lower swivels on my mill. Refinished all the wood. The full sized rifle is a 1919 with a Pederson hole in the recvr. Neither has scope holes on top but the Pederson rifle has a few on the left side that I need to address. Both are good shooters. Shot the ‘03 ‘carbine’ yesterday at my cas clubs BAMM. Had a good time. 

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2021 at 3:24pm
Howdy from Phoenix Arizona. 
Got any Enfield's baltimoreed? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2021 at 5:17pm
Sorry, the closest thing that I have to a British Enfield is a Martini Cadet and a bunch of Webleys. That might change soon though. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2021 at 7:20pm
im impressed , they look real nice , my only shotgun in that catagore is an 1897 i use for cowboy shooting , ive thought to fit it out with the sheild and bayo lug but tht eliminates it from my major match use so ive never gone down that road , i have the right bayonet for it tho , 

pleasepost the webleys on that forum , i once had a few dozen of those myself and id bee interested in seeing what you have , i still have a few 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2021 at 7:07am
A square, Ive posted some photos of my revolvers in the Enfield pistol sub forum. I’m planning to use a couple of them at my cowboy action club’s June match. I’ll shoot them single action so as not to ‘cheat’. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 7:36am
Here’s another of my builds. A faux Krag carbine that bubba had made from an 1898 rifle. I didn’t do my homework and shouldn’t have bought the buggered up mess. Gotta do your homework. It was my first Krag but since then I’ve picked up a nice 1899 [Philippine Constabulary] school rifle and an exceptional 1896 rifle. Rather than sell it at a loss I sold the incorrect carbine parts off it and put it into a proper sporter stock. Added the Kraghaus mount, Nikon IER scope and cheek rest. Recut and correctly faced the bbl. A good build. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 7:50am
baltimoreed: We all here on this forum have a very diverse selection of rifles, pistols,revolvers, and shotguns and as such, anything not related to an actual Enfield is taken to the OT section of this site. 
You are fairly new to this group and navigating through the various sub categories can be a bit overwhelming in some instances. 
 Again, Welcome aboard and glad you can share your projects with us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 7:59am
Thanks for the heads up. Any other builds of mine that are not Enfields I’ll put in the OT sub. Hoping to have one to play with soon. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 9:13am

I won the auction on a 1941 No1 Mk111 Enfield sporter the other day. I wish that it was an older rifle but part of the point of this exercise is to not mess up a complete original rifle but rather to use a bubba special donor rifle to build on. Plus I’m not trying to build a fake, just an obvious copy. No scope holes in the recvr. The wood has been sanded on but looks good, no cracks. Everything metal on the foreend is gone and it’s been narrowed but as I’m cutting it back a ways I might still have enough wood to install a CLLE nosecap. MO has been sent so maybe I’ll get it by next weekend as there is a military gun show in Raleigh that I’d like to take it too. 
Here it is finished up.

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 9:40am
An obvious copy of what?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 9:49am

A range pattern CLLE. The two rifles in the center. 

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2021 at 9:52am
Okay. Makes sense now...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic