Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midwayusa blowout sale???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwayusa blowout sale???
    Posted: May 29 2021 at 10:40am
I thought this was a joke when I got the email. Turns out to be 100% true. I ,"USED" to be able to but this stuff at $17.99 a box. 

flatheadsal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatheadsal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 4:30am
These big companies are taking advantage of the millions of new gun owners who either don't know any better or just have more money than they need, what they don't realize is they are screwing their old customer base and hopefully their business will suffer later, alot of them have shown by their greedy practices just how much they don't care, and I personally don't buy the ' we're only passing on the cost bullsh*t" not with their buying power, i've got a list of them I will never buy from again, conservative gun owners need to learn the meaning of the word "boycott" 
Frameman 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 5:29am
It’s a sad time in our lives to see vendors that are just making thing worse by jacking up ammo and component prices to such extremes. The big players are the worst. I try to keep my purchases close to home. The smaller local vendors understand the importance of remaining reasonable with their prices.
I would rather that the manufacturers take a slower approach to catching up to demand than ramping up their production and blowing up their prices to the point of ridiculousness.
The way forward will be slow and financially painful.
Elections do indeed have consequences. 
There are no Americans in Baghdad!!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 5:40am
Its not just ammo & the ingredients thereof...anyone seen wots happening with frieght rates these days? Not just that - the availability of just about everything seems affected. I've been constantly shorted on stuff over a year now. One big bug-a-boo is glass bottles & jars. North America closed those plants & get them offshore now..which means you can't seem to get them @ all! There seems to be a shortage of red pepper, when they can get the shaker cans - they can't get the lids It goes round & round.
Loose wimmen tightened here
devrep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 5:54am
the more money they print the less it will be worth.
double gun
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 9:21am
It’s the government handouts.  Why work when you can get paid to sit on your butt and watch TV all day?  Fuel distribution is still a problem in areas in the south East, they can’t get drivers.  Many restaurants can’t open, no staff wants to work while they are still collecting.  On and on....
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 9:58am
I used to have every endorsement on my Commercial Drivers License.  Hazmat, double and triple trailers, and tankers. The Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration pulled my CDL  on a medical because I suffered an ocular fracture while saving the life of another truck driver. That and my right femur was shattered.  I was deemed permanently disabled.  I was Grandfathered into the trucking industry but due to my current medical,  I would have to go through and start over with a truck driving school and retake the road exams and get a medical waiver. Too much out of pocket costs for that to ever happen. 
AussieShooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 3:23pm
I was chatting to my local gun store owner and he explained a little on the Ammo shortage.  I was wondering is it conspiracy theory or supply chain.  He said a little of both.   Increased gun sales and hoarding is definitely part of the equation, but the supply chain disruption has produced real bottle neck issues.  He also said that he had recently (back in March), had the distributor raise prices three times on his back-ordered ammo.  I agree that the big box retailers are gouging us- its not $3/round, come on.  However, more and more ammo is available, which is good news.  I have also noticed that ammo on GB is going unsold at the ridiculous prices.   The less we buy the more prices will come down, until Uncle Joe does something on gun control after his 100 day analysis.  Then all bets are off.   The one area I do not see much relief yet is smokeless powder - still can't find any especially for my shot she!!s.  
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges" - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 5:44pm
I’m seeing smokeless powder coming more available, but at twice the price prior to the shortage.  It’s primers that are still unobtainable. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 6:04pm
Just got another Midwayusa email.
5000 rounds of Lapua 22LR.  On sale now for $1234.95
$4.05 a bullet???
This is my conspiracy theory. 
Make the ammunition so out of reach price wise and you effectively no longer have an issue with guns.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 6:50pm
Hi Goosic, Midway USA may be expensive but they are not that expensive.  You inadvertently flipped the equation: 26c a round. i don't know what Lapua 22LR normally sells for, but this is the going rate for standard 22LR and probably a "fair" deal for Lapua given the current prices.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

I’m seeing smokeless powder coming more available, but at twice the price prior to the shortage.  It’s primers that are still unobtainable. 

I agree.  In January I was lucky enough to get some shot she!! primers through Sportsman Outdoor superstore at twice the normal price but half the GB gouging.  They had some LR primers about a month a go but they were sold out in about 30 mins.  I got the "In Stock" email and by the time I finished my meeting they were sold out.  I think it was about 12c a primer, so about 3x normal.  But this is the only time I have seen LR primers available in the past 12 months.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 7:22pm
im sure glad i have a stock of what i need - these prices are making me sick 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2021 at 8:31am
Yep. Thank Gawd I stocked deep while cheep during the last (Obama) shortages!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieShooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2021 at 10:49am
I thought you would enjoy this article - this a local range near me and this is probably one of the best story's with charts and graphs too!  FYI Midsouth Shooters has ammo at relatively "reasonable" prices.  I picked up some factory 45ACP and 22LR (both Mexican brand Aguila) and 12 gauge slugs (Fiocchi).  Plinking quality ammo and especially with the Aguila I expect a thorough cleaning after each day at the range.  Enjoy the article.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic