Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

martini cadet .310

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: martini cadet .310
    Posted: July 12 2007 at 4:26pm
well didnt know where to put this sooo...

well today on the usual friday "gunguy visting day"  on the way home from workto see whats new i was pleasantly surprised to find Black Friday isnt all that unlucky.
I just got meself a new toy..the above mentioned rifle for a "yellow back"! after a struggle with me mate..
ive done some research and comes to be a Model 4(australian model)
BSA on one side of the receiver, commonwealth of Australia on the other with WA 1500 , a Kangaroo on top too. in the butt is burnt\stamped 4\09  and and another stamp on butt in a circular pattern Commonwealth Of Australia ?Forces?(not sure if its forces or what..its faint in that area) with WA in the middle...just got home from shoppin so had to lock her up just got her out again..ill post pics later tonight..goin out for tea. why is it ya get a new toy and just wanna start pullin it apart but ya gotta get dragged round by the mrs!!?Censored
most of the blue is gone and the stock has some hits..not drastic though considering its near 100 years old. just got off Jansa's web site and seems the australian stamped receiver brings home some bacon..
gotta go..ill be back tonight!
'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 6:38pm
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 6:40pm
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 6:44pm

pictures didnt turn out that well for the markings.
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:20pm
I got one of them Allan, had it over 20 years and havnt got around to firing yet, but I will one day.
Jansa have new barrels and I got one and put it away but my barrel is still pretty good. Worth having the spare tho as they dont make originals any more.
Congratulations.
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 9:46pm
cheers Lithgow.
i wasnt out in the market for one of these..it just fell in my lap.and im a horder of all kinds stuff  so i couldnt help myself. i spose ill start collecting parts and accesories for these, good idea about spare barrels mate, "oh joy" the mrs says.Big%20smile
goin back tomorrow..gotta talk turkey bout an ol Lithgow .22 in prestine condition.
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 7:55am
My dad said he used to have a Martini cadet that was traded by his old man to some random other Dutchman for a 1950 Brno No1 single shot 22.

He was pissed because he loved the martini cadet, he shot a few goats with the thing back in the day when he was about 15-16 and kids could jump in their old falcons and holdens and just go out to a forest and shoot some things without any worry.

You going to roll your own ammo for it?
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 8:44am
ive been on a few forums about these rifles and factory ammo is just about all but gone, SUPER used to produce ammo but they've gone too so ive heard. but apparently theres two options..convert to 32\20 or roll ya own.theres alot of brass and projectiles available for rolling your own.
I stayed up last night and stripped her down bare..got parts soaking and im going to attack the timber work most likely tomorrow. about to head to my gunguy now to whip up another bargain with a Lithgow .22..we've got 2 no 1 lithgows at the local police station with my name on them..well thats the next episode. bin waitin for weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 9:22am
Wait until dave gets a whiff of this. He will be getting you to put on a new slee stock, rechambering and re barrelling it and putting a scope on top.
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

ikesdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikesdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 9:37am
Thats ok, he's our Dave.
Pro Deo et Patria
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 10:29am
id like to hear from dave about this, hes a bank of information just ready to unlock the volt.
well i dont like the looks of buying 32\20 ammo. gunguy just looked up his supplier and

winchester are offering them at around 65 bucks a box of 20!!Cry eee gad!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 1:01pm
What about a conversion to 22 hornet, 17 ackly hornet or 222 rimmed?
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 1:49pm
i wanna "try" to keep her in her glory..looks like reloading is the go. the mrs is lookin at me funny at the moment..ah no dear..i dont have to buy more reloadin gear,what ive  got will do the job Clap 
ill be sneakin crap into the house for the next month!
heh heh.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 2:48pm
Do the exact same thing she does mate, when she buys a new frock or pair of shoes and does not tell ya about it and you ask "Is that new love" she replies "What? You mean this old thing?"

Do the same with shootin' irons and other toys.

But if ya missus keeps winning keno you wont have to worry about cash.

Who knows, you could end up with progressive presses and sako or sauer rifles.
But the winters coming,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 9:13pm
Bertram make the cases and I am pretty sure the projectiles are available, if not cast your own. Simplex make the dies.
I paid $20 for my cadet and it has the number of the bloke it was issued to scratched on the butt. Otherwise its in really good nick.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 10:02pm
Welcome to the world of the Martini Cadet Al ! Hug Bertrams make Brass ,Simplex make Dies & 123gn .303 projectiles fit like a thumb in a bum ! BlackHawk bullets make a very nice cast ! (& .32 cal projectiles fit nicely ! ) I'm doing some experiments with .32mag data in the .310 ! The Humble 310 was my first Big game rifle as a kid ! I still have one in .310 ! They make a brillant action to build a hornet round. or you can recut the barrel to .357 ,rebarrel to 32-20,25-20 ,357max ,17 ackley hornet . The 222rim was always more trouble than it was worth as you had toreduce your loads by 5%

Dave Martini King
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic