Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other builds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other builds
    Posted: June 02 2021 at 6:45am
I was corrected about posting non enfield builds on my enfield build topic so I’ll show a few others here. My mini30 rebuilt as a M1a was a good build. The stock is a M1a stock, Accuracy Systems did the bbl work and strut, I did the rebuild of the stock with oak blocks and jbweld to fill things in and the camo paint. The scope is a 1970s correct 3x9 Redfield. 
‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 12:59pm
It's nice to see other builds. 
You guys in the USA are so lucky to have freedom and opportunity to modify and build your own rifles.
Is there any required "proof" testing to be done if you alter the calibre?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
baltimoreed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 1:07pm
No ‘proof’ testing by the government here in the USA. Here’s a 1927A1 Auto Ordnance that I had sbr’ed and then I built the faux gator tenor ukulele case for it and a few friends. The buttstock and lower go in the bottom while the upper/bbl are on top. 

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 7:24pm
interesting work , very nice 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2021 at 12:01pm
That is really "Al Cappone" cool!
Just the thing for a night at the opera.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
baltimoreed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltimoreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2021 at 12:31pm
Thanks, I had my Thompson smith convert it from a 1927a1 to the 1928 military takedown 10.5 inch bbl model, the GI stock slide that I used [the steel parts that mount on the buttstock and slides onto grooves on the frame] came from your neighbor, the Netherlands. Took over 6 months to get to me during the pandemic. 

‘Give’em he!!, Pike’
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2021 at 8:16pm
cool that you got them , these are not so easy to find , 
flatheadsal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatheadsal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2021 at 9:04am
awesome set up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic