Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a "target front sight'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbitNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a "target front sight'?
    Posted: July 20 2021 at 9:23pm
I have a very nice Parker-Hale sight on my No 4. Is there any sort of front target sight available to match it? Or is everything more or less one piece and not easily changeable? 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 3:53am
The front sight protector, sight blade and sight base can easily be removed.  A tunnel type front sight was made by Parker Hale, and probably others too.  I don’t have one, I use the original front and rear sights for vintage military rifle competition target shooting.  Once you get used to them, they are surprisingly accurate.  
AbitNutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbitNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 9:53am
I don't doubt the originals are accurate. I'm just very used to the sight picture the globe or tunnel front sight give you from several other rifles I have. Any information on where to obtain one would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting a new barrel for this rifle so now is the time to do something. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 10:22am
Check eBay under the search parameters of, "Parker Hale Sight."
There are a couple listed.
AbitNutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbitNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 10:32am
Thank you sir! You are a prince. I just ordered what I needed. Coming from the UK it may me a little slow but that's exactly what I wanted. Again, thank you!

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 10:49am
Lucky devil! How I wish there was one for the SMLE! Unhappy
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 1:11pm
I have one of those on my L39A1. It's a good system when used with the match rear sight.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 3:34pm
How is this site installed on a Lee Enfield? I assume it replaces the stock front site and must require some drill and tapping.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 3:49pm
Slip on friction fit or soldered on...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 6:45am
Goosic. I suspect that means the above PH front site cannot be used without removing the front "ears" and stock sites? 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 9:05am
If you are referring to the front sight protector and sight base on a No4 then you would be correct. 
To install this particular setup correctly, you would have to remove the bayonet lugs and the lugs the original sight base slid over. 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 9:23am
I found a PH1front globe sight for my application. The original rifling is junked and I knew I was going to use the .22 tube so I filed off the bayonet lugs and the sight base lugs. Silver soldered the new sight base on and there ya' go.
AbitNutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbitNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 9:27am
I was hoping to mount it this way.
AbitNutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbitNutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 9:29am
I can't see the details of exactly how this is affixed. I'm hoping to be able to this rather than clean off the whole front end of the rifle.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 10:09am
That one pictured you are showing has the dovetail cut for the Enfield sight base and the sight base is cut flat across the top as well. The PH1 and the FS22 Matchmaker globe sights can be found with the Enfield dovetail and sometimes you can find the Enfield modified No4 sight base too...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2021 at 1:40pm
Yes they exist as a direct replacement for the blade. This does make them rather high though so you'll be dialing in lots & lots of clicks on the rear to compensate.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic