Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reproduction Sliding Charger Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reproduction Sliding Charger Guide
    Posted: July 26 2021 at 11:13pm
Thank you guys, I've had good luck finding originals to date but with the likely acquisition of almost a dozen MkIs needing rebuilding, I blanched at the price tag for the guides and decided to tool up to make them. Once I have a distinctive stamp and figure out packaging I'll offer them up for sale to cover my tooling costs.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 7:44pm
that looks great , these are hard to find these days 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 11:40am
Great job!Thumbs Up
It's good to see quality work.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 8:50am
Thanks guys!
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 3:00am
Well done!
Stackbar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stackbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2021 at 2:16am
looks great! 
Marco1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2021 at 11:57pm
Nice job !
Sad that these are so rare to find now, probably discarded by the thousands when rifles were upgraded.
WilliamS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilliamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2021 at 9:52pm

Just wrapped up the machining on my first reproduction sliding charger guide. There's a few minor changes I need to make to the jig to speed up production, and I need to bring the screw hole right just a touch, so I won't have to trim the screw head next time to fit all bolt heads. Functions perfectly though. The only thing left to do is decide on a stamp to mark it with that will be unobtrusive but distinct. That will go in the T-slot so that it will be very difficult to remove without it being obvious that something was removed. Overall I'm happy with the result. Once I have a few done I'll blacken them all at once.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic