Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can life get any better

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can life get any better
    Posted: August 19 2021 at 8:17pm
At 8:50pm this evening, my Volvo xc70 was stolen right out of my driveway, so its not even safe to live in the middle of no where.
New sign on my front fence, "If you`re not invited and caught you will be shot!" Angry
Didn`t even here back from the cops until 11:00.
This has only created more aggravation than its worth.....
I think Murphy`s out to get me, whats next, an airplane through my front window, would surprise me, can`t say my life isn`t interesting to say the least
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2021 at 8:19pm
That's just terrible! I hope the car is recovered unscathed.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2021 at 8:47pm
The cop said in this part of Canada, Ontario, recovery rate is next to nil, if a joy ride theft they`re usually trashed, if criminal, within 3-4 hrs they`re parted out and gone for ever.

Not really in the mood to car shop, makes it tougher without a trade in.. lol
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2021 at 11:08pm
ive always wished a car that i no longer wanted ight be stolen but always feared they might find it and wish to return it , seems they always go for the one i wish to keep tho and thats why i keep theose locked - i have a jeep grand cherokee in the drive thats unlocked - cant get my wife to lock hers - she even had it broken into [when unlocked] sight in front of the window of her office while she was sitting there - took her purse and threw everything in the vacant lot except for her cash , some folks learn really slow , 

but .....they can take it now , runs good but on its last legs , its a 07 that has been everything but totaled in its lifetime , i wish someone might steel it ...sorta ....but maybe not they might hit some poor soul out walking their dog on our quiet street which is quite common at all times of day here 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 4:27am
Shilo-I feel for ya. Last Oct 22nd - middle of the day, broad daylight...my truck was broken into. I was home, as well. I had just pulled in & went inside to run 2 invoices & was going right back out.
Phone rang, it was mastercard security alerting me. He took everything he could lay his hands on(my wallet, console tray etc etc.). I have live camera security monitoring as well.
He went to the gas station round the corner to try to use a mastercard. It didn't work. Live camera @ gas station showed a guy that looks remarkably like the young fella next door.I called his parents over-showed them my video,"Uh uh - not my son. He doesn't have a jacket like that". (Oh yes he does.) I told the cop I would like to have my nxt door nieghbour (on the other side) confirm the identity from the pic. He said it wasn't the kid. So it was dropped. He told me a couple months later he said that to avoid major problems in the hood.
Loose wimmen tightened here
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 8:37am
So how do I replace my Id`s and licenses when I have no id to prove who I am.
Everything was in the car and now gone.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2021 at 7:49pm
probably need a birth cert and lots of other crap unless your an illegal then they would just hand it to you on demand with a credit card to buy food , smokes , booze , drugs ,  whatever 

good luck - none of it will be fun im sure 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 3:51am
Really, is that what they get down in the States, LOL, up here they`d get a house a car, living expenses, and a gas station or corner store, the average person couldn`t achieve that in a lifetime of work. And They say there`s a racism and prejudice problem, huh, I don`t see it!
 And then there`s thieves, already getting grief from my insurance claims adjusters, they want a complete maintenance record for my volvo with receipts before they will proceed, wtf, I`ve never kept those and besides most all the work done by my now retired mechanic was by cash no receipts lol
All that money I`ve thrown out the window on premiums, over the years, biggest legal scam in this part of the world.
Right now I just feel so violated I can barely contain myself.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 5:18am
Shilo;

Replacement of everything is a royal pain - but most of it done quickly & on line. Service Ontario will replace your licence, & ownership etc(health card too)for a fee of course.
all the credit card companies respond quickly. The Firearms Center will replace your licence (for a fee of course)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 5:53am
ya every thing cost, the rpal is $25, won`t know the cost of the rest until Monday when service Canada is open.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2021 at 6:30am
In my case - I had to replace hunting(deer) licence as well. That wasn't the problem..but your supposed to have your firarms licence on you if your stopped by a ministry officer. The Firearms center was taking it's time so I called & asked if they could e-mail me a temporary one til mine arrives. She said "No". When I explained she said "your correct - you have to have it with you." So I asked her what could I do & she said"You better not go hunting."
..and these people are supposed to be "protecting" us?! Lord have mercy
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2021 at 11:26pm
It's always the same. Honest people always get screwed by the rules and regulations. Because we obey them. 
Everytime there's a criminal incident , it's the victim who ends up jumping through hoops to get their life back. Criminal's don't have that problem; because they're criminal's!
Politicians don't seem to understand that. Maybe because they're related!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Zed Zed wrote:

It's always the same. Honest people always get screwed by the rules and regulations. Because we obey them. 
Everytime there's a criminal incident , it's the victim who ends up jumping through hoops to get their life back. Criminal's don't have that problem; because they're criminal's!
Politicians don't seem to understand that. Maybe because they're related!

Truer words were never spoken, and I feel screwed and not in the good way.
The insurance paid out 5 days later, didnt get much for my car, and now its costing me, where before the theft it was just maintenance. These p***ks that committed the crime against me
have forced me to spend money I other wise wouldn`t be. Angry

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic