Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Ishapore Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"New" Ishapore 2A1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "New" Ishapore 2A1
    Posted: November 08 2021 at 9:54am
Went to my favorite little town gun show yesterday morning and actually found something really nice for a fair price. An Ishapore 2A1 made in 1968! Great condition, bright shiny bore, and all numbers matching including the magazine. Score for me! More pics and info to come.

14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2021 at 5:28pm
very nice , congrats , it does look to be a great grab at the gun show , i think you will like it , 
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2021 at 4:29am
Thank you! It will make a great addition to my collection. Gonna to try and shoot it Thursday if I get the time.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2021 at 3:44pm
i once had both a 2A and a 2A1 , neither were tack drivers but both functioned quite well , both looked about like yours , and both shot as expected for a service rifle , 
i had an ishy no1 mkIII* as well it actually shot better but also pretty much service rifle results , 

enjoy it 
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2021 at 4:01pm
Thanks all! I am pretty excited about this one. Been wanting one for a couple of years now. Funny how things work out. I have a few of these always in my watch list on GB. I walk into a small town gun show and this one was just sitting there calling my name. Lol!

I have a firing pin removal tool, stripper clips, and a sight tool on the way. I already checked the headspace and it is good. Can't wait to shoot it. 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2021 at 5:28pm
Welcome aboard!
Be careful with the F/P removal tool!
Many are soft & pretty much useless. I'd suggest checking before you actually need it for real.Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2021 at 6:52pm
Thanks! Yup, I will be sure and check it out. I always completely tear down to bare frame any surplus firearm I buy to check for worn /broken parts and to completely clean and lube. I have found some interesting broken stuff and past attempts to fix them over the years. Lol!
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2021 at 8:55am
All matching numbers so far.

Chris D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2021 at 6:25pm
Very nice.  I had to refinish my 2A.  Looked like it had been painted with paint for a plastic model.
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Chris D Chris D wrote:

Very nice.  I had to refinish my 2A.  Looked like it had been painted with paint for a plastic model.

Thanks!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 7:54am
Scott, if you are familiar with the Lee Enfield rifles; you will know that care should be taken when removing the fore end wood. To avoid damaging it. If you are unsure; let us know and we'll help.
Looks like a good buy! We'll done 👍
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Zed Zed wrote:

Scott, if you are familiar with the Lee Enfield rifles; you will know that care should be taken when removing the fore end wood. To avoid damaging it. If you are unsure; let us know and we'll help.
Looks like a good buy! We'll done 👍

Thank you! It was a great buy and a great day at the gun show. I have picked up several surplus guns at that particular show over the years. Little country town of about 2000 people not too far from me. Always good guns at good prices.

I have heard that about removing the fore end wood on these. Is there a special sequence to avoid damage? I always take care when removing furniture from surplus rifles, but would appreciate any special tips on doing it for an Enfield. 

Thanks, Scott
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 5:13pm
Please PM me.
I have a detailed manual with step by step pics on how to Utterly dismantle both the No1 & The No4.
Unfortunately its too big to send via the forum's e-mail.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2021 at 5:32pm
That would be awesome! Thank You!

PM sent
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 6:03am
Found another matching number part. The nose cap.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2021 at 8:27am
files sent.
Yes numbers should be , action, barrel, forend nosecap & (sometimes) magazine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic