Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lighter than normal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighter than normal.
    Posted: November 22 2021 at 11:56am
I found a couple of pictures I took of the lightening process of my No4Mk1* reciever. I could not do anything on the slabside due to the location of the scope pads but, the other side resembles a No5 near the rear sight. I also reworked the underside as well. Its amazing what can be done with a Dremel tool and alot of patience. The hardest part of the process was making the hole in the bolt handle larger. 
scottz63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottz63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 3:18pm
Wow! How much weight did that shave off?
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by scottz63 scottz63 wrote:

Wow! How much weight did that shave off?
This is a labor of love type deal with this rifle. I have been working on it for almost 4 years. It started out as just a barreled action when I received it and had gone from a .303 to a 7.62x51mm. Before everything was done and in full military dress, including the pull through, oiler, sling, and a full magazine,  it weighed in at exactly 11.8 lbs. In its current condition, it weighs 7.25 lbs.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 4:31pm
Just to throw a clog in the machine.
That was (supposed to be) the cause of the No5's "Wandering zero".
(whatever that actually was).
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

Just to throw a clog in the machine.
That was (supposed to be) the cause of the No5's "Wandering zero".
(whatever that actually was).
I do not know about that Shamu so, I cannot give a response. 
 I can say with the utmost authority however that, my Faux Parker Hale Custom No4 shoots as straight as if the bullet was riding on rails and, that is after I basically cut the whole ass end off the reciever including the charging bridge. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic