Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2021 at 2:43pm
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 4:34am
If you do send the rifle to Brian, which I think is a great suggestion, have him do a full inspection.  Remove the forend and confirm the bedding is in good shape.  He can check bore condition, check for proper striker protrusion from the bolt head, as well as the previously suggested checks.   After that, you will be confident it’s safe to fire. 

The Apprentice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 7:49am
Thank you Mike for the Link and Geoff for the added suggestions hope to get it before the end of this month 
New to Enfield’s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 12:12pm
Well Gentlemen 
Sent funds & my 03 
No going back now I have dipped my toe into the enfield rifle club 

Good news I guess he even had a bayonet for it
New to Enfield’s
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 12:22pm
If you want or need more, let me know. I have a couple I can part with...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 12:49pm
The Apprentice, you did very well for your first Lee Enfield, a genuine No. 4 Mk I(T) sniper!  Congrats!  And let me know if you decide to sell it some day…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 1:36pm
Mike I hope to get pictures of the bayonet tonight if I do I’ll post them so you can see them it would be nice to see if it is the correct one 
If not it looks like you have the correct one covered ☝️🤩🤩🤩
Do I see correctly that some were maxed by singer sewing machine company ?

If so you guys will have to asked about my singer 😂 

Geoff thank you for the tips advice and Wisdom 🙏
If I ever decide to sell it I’ll put it up here first but I plan on keeping it for quite some time right next to my 1903a4
Safe buddy’s 😂
New to Enfield’s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 3:40pm
Scope questions 
The mount looks like it is held from the scope to the rifle wire 2 round knurled thumb screws
If I take this off to clean around the base will I loose my Zero I watched a couple of you tubes but thought I should run it by you guys first ?

Sorry for all the questions.
Jeff 
New to Enfield’s
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 4:23pm
No, you will not lose the zero. When you remount the scope bracket to the pads, start with the rear thumb screw and then the front thumb screw to where both are a couple of threads in then, tighten the rear thumb screw finger tight and then do the same for the front. Work back to the rear tightening as you go and then back to the front. I originally had a reproduction No32Mk1 on my rifle. It never lost its zero. I have a 10x40 Bushnell Tactical on it now and after at least a dozen or so On and Off's, it still retains the zero.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 4:36pm
You had also mentioned about the correct bayonet for the rifle.
Believe it or not.  The majority of all rifles were matched to whatever bayonet was on hand at that time.
 I do have an unissued Long Branch/Canadian Arsenal stamped No4 MkII bayonet with a No4 MkI scabbard with the Canadian Arsenal stamp and the frog is dated 1944 with a Canadian Arsenal marking.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 7:39pm
the bayonet is canadian as is the scabbord and frog although im not certain i would guess by the condition not seen much use 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2021 at 8:59pm
Funds made it to the old owner 
Heading to Oregon tomorrow 
Thank you all for helping me 
New to Enfield’s

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2021 at 9:21pm
Any of you guys have this book ?

Is it a good detailed one ?

New to Enfield’s
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 8:12am
Stratton is becoming "Dissapeared" because some of this information is erroneous.
(Its an older book & research has discovered some things that weren't known when it was written.)
This seems to be the collectors little darling this year, but that may well change too.
https://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/40000725/images/mb1070__02.jpg
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 10:17am
yes , had/have both - you need both as there are areas one covers the other doesnt , these are both part of a series that require buying more than one to get full coverage but well worth it 

the "lee enfield story" also by skennerton is considered the bible in our realm and worth every penny of what you might find one for , ian signed mine when i bought it from his website back a lifetime ago for about $65 , i suspect it will cost a bunch more to purchase today - last two times i looked was 2007 and it was $130 and again in 2011 it was $199 , this is a hard bound book of over 500 pages , lots of photos , charts , documents

there is a couple bayonet books as well if your into the accoutrements , "british & commonwealth bayonets" by skennerton , "Spirit of the pike" by graham priest are both hard bound and comprehensive in our specific area , 

but a great general coverage resource is "bayonets" from janzens notebook will be helpful across the board 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

yes , had/have both - you need both as there are areas one covers the other doesnt , these are both part of a series that require buying more than one to get full coverage but well worth it 

the "lee enfield story" also by skennerton is considered the bible in our realm and worth every penny of what you might find one for , ian signed mine when i bought it from his website back a lifetime ago for about $65 , i suspect it will cost a bunch more to purchase today - last two times i looked was 2007 and it was $130 and again in 2011 it was $199 , this is a hard bound book of over 500 pages , lots of photos , charts , documents

there is a couple bayonet books as well if your into the accoutrements , "british & commonwealth bayonets" by skennerton , "Spirit of the pike" by graham priest are both hard bound and comprehensive in our specific area , 

but a great general coverage resource is "bayonets" from janzens notebook will be helpful across the board 

I plan on getting the Skennerton  Book, I understand I have all 3 of the Charles Clawson books back when they were very affordable.
New to Enfield’s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic