Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enfield no.5 mk1 jungle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 10:04am
This is the best I can do regarding barrel condition...

https://flic.kr/p/2mU7XjT
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 1:13pm
The lands are still sharp and the grooves appear to be free of copper fouling...
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 2:40pm

Just my 2 cents...the serial numbers were under decades of crud, maybe under the original packing grease. Also the no.4 stock is so poorly fitted that someone who wanted to fake it as a jungle model would have left, or fitted another jungle butt stock to it...no?

https://flic.kr/p/2mUatoG
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 3:31pm
A No5 furniture set, especially the buttstock is almost impossible to find nowadays. Your best bet is to find a better No4 buttstock.  You can find an ATI synthetic stockset online for the No4/5 if you can't find the right buttstock in the meantime.  There is a No5 buttstock on eBay right now but, the guy wants $268.00 for it...
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 3:39pm
kk. Thanks. But I have no gumption to rebuild this gun. I spend most of my time and money at the sporting clays courses.

I'll be putting it up for sale shortly I guess.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 5:27pm
Alot of our forum members live near you.  Please reach out to them first when you decide to part with it...
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 5:35pm
ok great. I live in shelburne, and I would prefer a face to face so they can have a good look at it.

Pm me if interested.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 5:42pm
I would definitely be interested in it. I unfortunately live in Phoenix Arizona...
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2021 at 5:45pm
ahhh...let me know when your flight arrives lol.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 4:14am
Hmmm...I just sent an order to Shelburne. (Until then I hadn't known of it)
Loose wimmen tightened here
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 5:53am
about 25kms north of orangeville. I'm retired so if anyone wants to see the rifle, I'm sure we can arrange something.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 9:44am
If you go 30 Kms north of Oran-geville you'll fall off the planet!
Loose wimmen tightened here
bubba ho tep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubba ho tep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2021 at 3:47pm
My No5 
D.A.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.A.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2022 at 3:28pm
The gun was sold locally.

Thanks for all your insights and information. I'm glad to have held such a piece of history. Someone else will get it back into shooting shape.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic